How much snow in your backyard?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Northwest NJ by High Point SP we got 18 inches. Nice for snowshoeing. I got out in the yard a little. It really sucks I can not get out for any good snowshoeing because I have the police academy during the week. Have to save all my energy for the physical training. :mad: Oh well after 20 more weeks I will be getting paid to snowshoe and ski :D

SherpaKroto said:
I was mid thigh when I took the dog out.

Yeah, but you are only 5' 2" :p

I was at Grey Knob last night and we only got 3 inches as of 9am when I headed out this morning (and it was clear by then).

I drove home across ME today, never really sure if it was snowing or just blowing around. I got home to Orono to only a few inches, but I think we are in for the worst of it tonight.

spencer

Got about 13-14" here in the islet of Passaic County, NJ.

Went XC Skiing for a bit after clearing the driveway. Got to break trail for like the first 5 miles uphill.. But it was all good fun.

Jay

The big storm that got everyone kind of passed us here in Hull, Québec. We only got a few inches. But, the question asks about how much in the yard. Well, there is over 2 feet of packed stuff, so I spent a beautiful windy cold (0F) day XC skiing. Only a few parts of me froze, too.

Looked like a little over two feet fell in Southboro (where I spent the storm with friends). The drifts were four to five feet high.

The outdoor hot tub was fabulous at the height of the blizzard!

I am so pumped to be going skiing Monday!

I measured 24 inches at my house but a TV weather report had 27" in Chelmsford. Whatever it really was, it was an awful lot to shovel.

JohnL

24 inches that kept me from seeing 6!

We got 24 inches in Carlisle that kept me from seeing the 6 on top of Twin....grrrr. Friends from out of town got snowed in, airport was closed so we snowshoed with the dog on local trails!

We got about a foot or more here in southern VT. Nice light fluffy snow, took the skinny's out today and it was great. Cold but sunny. :D

7" in flat PA

Because you asked--

Had 7 inches of dry powder on my front deck here in the Susquehanna Valley. Woo-hoo. :)

--Sijesi

Ended up with closer to 24", drifts as much as 3-4'. Some places where the wind scoured and packed the snow down to as little as 0-6". Got some local trails broken out with snowshoes, no other human tracks out there yet, even after 2 days. I wish I was half the photographer that some of you are. There's some really cool drift patterns out there. There's an open field I cross to get into the forest. The wind rearranged the snow into waves. The dog very cooperatively took turns breaking trail with me (he stands 33" at the withers and was sinking in to mid-chest so his feet were still a few inches away from the ground), and he's even learning to stay off the tails when behind. Not fun to pick up a 'shoe and find 1/4 of a 120 lb dog on it! Still VERY cold and windy. New parka and balaclava pass with flying colors, but they're making the old snow pants look pretty scruffy...

frustrating

about 18-20" here in Shrewsbury MA (55" so far this winter) and sweet packed powder by the wind...but couldn't really enjoy it too much because the roads were plowed (so no skiing on the roads) but the parking lots or really any available pullouts near the parks were not (so I'd have a long walk to a skiable place). Now I'm at work. Sigh. Maybe by moonlight tonight.

19" in Hollis,NH. The nice light fluffy stuff that you can snow blow into the neighbors yard!

I am the only person at work this morning that went out & played in the snow yesterday... everyone else is complaining!

Poor Nadine... come on down south, I am willing to share my 30" of new snow with you! :D