In need of winter pictures of the white mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebcskier

Reaction score
for a project I am doing. Shhhh it's a secret. This is a project is something that I am doing for myself and will make no money, therefore I don't much to offer in exchange for your photos, other than I will shamelessly promote your work as a photographer. I am sure once done, there will be alot of interest in my project. And if I ever get any money, I would be more than willing share.

So, specifically I am looking for intersting photos of the White Mountains/winter ski trails/slides/hermit shelters/Pinkham notch. Please just attach them to this thread and I will download them.

Thank you!

nebcskier said:
for a project I am doing. Shhhh it's a secret. This is a project is something that I am doing for myself and will make no money, therefore I don't much to offer in exchange for your photos, other than I will shamelessly promote your work as a photographer. I am sure once done, there will be alot of interest in my project. And if I ever get any money, I would be more than willing share.

So, specifically I am looking for intersting photos of the White Mountains/winter ski trails/slides/hermit shelters/Pinkham notch. Please just attach them to this thread and I will download them.

Thank you!
Attaching a lot pics to a thread is frowned upon. Links are better....

Couple of suggestions, but they wont be as simple as looking at this thread and downloading them.

1)Darren has some excellent winter shots of the Whites, if you want a printout, you can even buy one:

http://vftt.org/gallery/prints/nemtns/index.html

2) Most free picture hosting sites such as Webshots have a search feature... Use it and make it specific to the White Mountains in NH and perhaps winter (vrs White Mountains in NV or White Mountain Peak over there)

3)Just look at the Trip Reports forum here for White Mountain hikes and follow links there, you might either find some nice scenery shot (I'm assuming you aren't interested in a picture of a stranger in snowshoes on Adams) OR you may find other pictures from the same owner.

4)Do a google search for White Mountains NH Winter picture or something that might work....

Jay

Jay H said:
Couple of suggestions, but they wont be as simple as looking at this thread and downloading them.
Don't forget that pictures that you find on the net are likely to be copyrighted and you will need to get permission from the copyright holder before using them.

Don't know if photos are covered by the Bern Convention. If so, they are probably automatically copyrighted by the photographer. (By the Bern Convention, anything written is automatically copyrighted by the author.)

There is some discussion on writings in http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14184

Doug

My shots are under a Creative Commons A-NC-SA license, so if you're not making money and your project has room to mention my name, you can download & reuse any that please you, provided you extend the same courtesy to others. Some of my better shots are on www.summitpost.org, go to my gallery and use the "advanced search" feature to narrow by location (try a radius of 50 miles from North Conway, NH).

From your description you might be interested in
the images included in this
lion head April ascent trip report
such as:
188271.jpg
188265.jpg

Also, this view from Mt Carrigain:
80557.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure these work for you - but they are interesting...most have interesting weather situations.

This one is my favorite - but I did not take it - Sherpa Kroto did - contact him if you want to use it...
It is a lenticular cloud forming over Mount Adams - late October 2005
PICTURE

...and here are few more from a recent trip up Hedgehog
PICTURES

Jay H said:

1)Darren has some excellent winter shots of the Whites, if you want a printout, you can even buy one:

http://vftt.org/gallery/prints/nemtns/index.html

2) Most free picture hosting sites such as Webshots have a search feature... Use it and make it specific to the White Mountains in NH and perhaps winter (vrs White Mountains in NV or White Mountain Peak over there)

3)Just look at the Trip Reports forum here for White Mountain hikes and follow links there, you might either find some nice scenery shot (I'm assuming you aren't interested in a picture of a stranger in snowshoes on Adams) OR you may find other pictures from the same owner.

4)Do a google search for White Mountains NH Winter picture or something that might work....

Jay

Hold on Jay...

I want to reiterate what DougPaul said, just because a photo is on the web does not mean you can use it. Photographs are the property of the photographer. Do not surf the web, find a photo, and use it without the permission of the original photographer.

Thanks,

- darren

If you gave us a hint about this "secret project" some of us might be more willing to let you have access to our photos.

-dave-

Thanks all for the links the pictures. There sure are some great ones.

I would love some pics of Hojos, Volunteer Rescue, the caretaker, avalanches, secret stashes.

I can tell you my project is related to backcountry skiing in New Hampshire. should I use your photos, I will be upfront about my intended project. Got to keep those "in the know" to a minimum.

Thank you!