It's heerrre . . . maybe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you climb Denali during spring-summer, you don't need a headlamp: it's light all the time. :cool:

This is always the season of the hiking year when I'm tempted to carry a couple of extra (inexpensive) flashlights. I'd like to print them with a message about the importance of being prepared. Sermonizing is not my style, though. Could I call it a random act of kindness and get away with it?
I'd sell 'em at a 1000% markup. Much better at getting the point across. :D

Snow this morning is highly dependent on elevation and location. Example, I live at about 840 feet in Enfield, NH. When I went down the hill 50 feet or so, 1 inch of snow, turned into a dusting on the grass and trees in only that short of time. For the Whites, everywhere will get snow, but below 2500 feet, it will most likely melt this afternoon. Above 2500 feet, it will be getting even colder this week, with more snow to come. Be prepared in the Whites for full winter conditions for the next week straight.

-Mattl

Snow this morning is highly dependent on elevation and location. Example, I live at about 840 feet in Enfield, NH. When I went down the hill 50 feet or so, 1 inch of snow, turned into a dusting on the grass and trees in only that short of time. For the Whites, everywhere will get snow, but below 2500 feet, it will most likely melt this afternoon. Above 2500 feet, it will be getting even colder this week, with more snow to come. Be prepared in the Whites for full winter conditions for the next week straight.

-Mattl
Just rain, here in Plymouth, NH.

In Thornton, a bit further north, we have snowflakes in the air, melting as soon as they hit the ground.

What are things like in Waterville Valley and north of the notch?
It's snowing here in Bethlehem! Just snapped this photo from my back door at about 7:30 AM this morning (13-Oct).
P1010536.JPG"

A nice coating of snow on the ground and in the trees in Gorham NH this AM, not sticking to the pavement but its trying pretty hard.

A nice coating of snow on the ground and in the trees in Gorham NH this AM, not sticking to the pavement but its trying pretty hard.

Quite the same here in West Bethel (680 ft). About 2 cm of sticky stuff on the ground but it's changing to rain as I type this.
-vegematic

any chance of an upslope effect?:D

Yup. :)

.LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...
COASTAL LOW WILL SWING EAST OF NOVA SCOTIA WEDNESDAY MORNING WITH
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING IN BEHIND IT. COLD AIR ADVECTION WILL KEEP
HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN WITH A CHANCE FOR
LOWER 50S IN THE FAR SOUTHERN ZONES AS SKIES BECOME PARTLY CLOUDY.
KEPT A SLIGHT CHANCE OF -SN IN THE MOUNTAINS DURING THE DAY WITH
CONTINUING UPSLOPE FLOW
...BUT ANY ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE
LIGHT.

Yeah there will be upslope, and when they say it will be light, they are mostly refering to where people live. Above 3000 feet, there should be several more inches this week from upslope snow showers, and not upper 30's, upper 20's for these areas if your lucky. It will def look like winter.

-Mattl

Snowing hard at 6:30am in WV...

There was about a half-inch down on the ground and on my car, but the roads were just wet at that point. It was snowing but not sticking below about 1100 feet, and raining in Plymouth and points south, as Paradox pointed out.

My wife reported that it was snowing so hard around 9am that our satellite TV went out for a while. It seems likely that we'll end up with the predicted 2-3" at 1500 feet.

Mahoosucs were snow-covered (trees) at 3000' and above; Gorham Heights and Randolph still had .5-1" valley snow late this afternoon; Northern Prezzies visible under 3000', snow-coated; cloud cover too low everywhere else to see the snow line.

About 2" this morning on Milan Hill and in Errol. Mostly melted by around 5 pm when I went back through.