Moosilauke; Portrait of a Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Dasypodidae

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I just acquired a wonderful book (title above) at Steve Smith's shop in Lincoln. With all due respect to the fine photographers who post on this board, Eli Burakian also has a fine eye for landscape, which comes across really well in his new book, I think. Of course, I am biased about his subject matter here. Eli's photographs are accompanied by four essays, one of which appearing in chapter 7 pertains to the geology of Moosilauke. In the geology essay, Sarah Konrad (Dartmouth '89) describes well the ancient bedrock history of the mountain, although falls a little short on the glacial history, which is ironic as she is a glaciologist. Sarah was also on the U.S. women's biathalon and nordic teams at the 2006 Winter Olympics.

http://burakianphotography.com/blog/?tag=moosilauke

Sarah was a buddy of mine at Dartmouth, I didn't know she was involved in this book. I'm sure I'll pick up a copy at some point.

Very nice work! You can see 36 images from the book if you click on "my new website" and navigate the flash menu to "Moosilauke".
Image #30 is my favorite, a frosty and broad Moosilauke beyond an autumn forest.

Nice! #30 also caught my eye, a nice capture of "past-peak" autumn foliage, capturing a feel of late autumn with a view to the looming winter season beyond. Really nice.