Mt. Washington -- Saturday 6-17-06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kltilton

Reaction score
North Conway, NH Avatar: Skiing on Ethan Pond Trai
Is anyone hiking up Washington on Saturday? Artex and I could use a cheering squad if anyone's interested :p . We are running the Road Race. The summit will be a zoo, but it looks like it might be a nice day to be above tree line. Hope to see you there.

Kevin

Well, there's ~35 of us doing the Pound The Presi tour for Brain Tumor Research... if you'd like to donate $$ for sponsoship, PM me!!

We'll be there and hoping for the two of you to cheer us on!! ;)

I'm planning to be on the summit of the rock pile at noon - for the presi traverse. I won't be hanging out long but it would be great to cheer on some VFTT'rs that are running to the summit. good luck!

Hope to see all of you Pressie traversers up there. I'd ideally like to finish this race in an hour and a half (11:30am), but having never done this race before, I am not banking on that by any means.

Can't wait!

Artex,

get there early, I recall driving by the Auto road a few years ago & the traffic on race day is tough, almost like Southern NE :eek:

Artex said:
Hope to see all of you Pressie traversers up there. I'd ideally like to finish this race in an hour and a half (11:30am), but having never done this race before, I am not banking on that by any means.

Can't wait!

In my old running days I always noticed that people seem to run the Mt. Washington race (7 miles) in about the same time they can run a half marathon (13.1 miles)...I guess going uphill makes a big difference! :eek:

sounds good - jamie knows me, so hopefully we can all hook up at the top for some laughs. :D

I should be there about that time - if I don't lolly gag around and stay somewhat sober tommrow night

Last year I believe I got to the summit of Washington at pretty much High Noon and I caught most of the stragglers or the later finishes, so the 11:30 sounds about right... I think just as I was finishing lunch, the Cog Railway was starting their departures back to the base station.

Jay

Kltilton, I remember bumping into on the top of Kings Ravine. Didn't you place 3rd in the road race last year?