Presidential Traverse: an expression of gratitude.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again to all for your kind remarks about the TR and photos! I blew a few shots at the beginning... mostly between Madison and Adams - way overexposed. I must have had it in shutter priority, with a slow speed. It's a bit too easy to turn the mode dial when I put the camera away or take it out... which as you can no doubt see, I do a lot.

I got some decent short video clips as well. Will try my hand at another Youtube special once my friends have sent me their photos. I am really looking forward to seeing their shots.

Great photos of your journey...great to have met you with my son and granddaughter at our tent site below Washington...was the best of days

Even from a distance, as we descended from Clay, it was clear to me that your granddaughter is a firecracker! I mean that in an entirely good way. I chatted with her briefly and she spoke right up, not a shy bone in her. I can see she will have a long, happy relationship with the outdoors.

AWESOME TRIP! It sounds like you had a great time and great weather! I am extremely happy for everyone! :)

Thank you! I wish our groups could have at least started together. It would have been a blast! We thought we'd better "make hay while the sun shines". It sounds like you had a great day climbing!

I see that our paths crossed @ Lake of the Clouds and that you met our dog, Chester:

http://jonathantr.zenfolio.com/pt1003/e203fdcd9

Please give Chester my regards, and tell him he's got some pretty nice humans. =)

Hey Jonathan,

Nice trip!!
Great day for it.

I'm sure you were long gone from the area when we arrived.
It only got worse as far as wind goes. Adams was very windy, buy Madison was the tough one for sure.

Super Job!

Lenticular clouds over Mount Washington.

p618906769-4.jpg

Full photo gallery (slideshow, gallery)

This pic is truly gorgeous and sublime. What a sight that must have been! However maybe it wasn't directly over Mt Wash. Depends on your point of view! We were out on 3/6 too and we saw what I think were the same lenticular clouds, but they were off to east of us and not over the Presi's. We obeerved them from Blueberry Ledges on way up to Whiteface. We were struck by the fact that they were not hanging above any mountain peaks, but were off to the east of perhaps over outwash plains of southern Maine. Here's a photo I took of the lenticular clouds:

805845107_CMw5v-M.jpg

Great trip report...and I'm completely struck by those Lenticular clouds! Amazing!

14 hours of hiking, compressed into 3 minutes of video... it was (mostly) fun putting this together. The software was more of a hindrance than a help.

Jonathan, When I checked out the trip report and the slide show I was impressed, jealous and amazed at how much detail you had shared with the rest of us! Now you've gone two-fold past that with this great video of your adventure, loved it! Thanks so much for sharing your journey this way!;)