Probably a silly question, but.....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two places in Lincoln, NH are the White Mountain visitor center, just off 93, and Kancamagus Convenience on Main Street, which is the Irving station.

If you're in Manchester I think you can get them at All Outdoors, EMS, or possibly the LL Bean Factory store.

Up north you can hit the Ranger Station at Lincoln Woods, the Irving gas station in Lincoln, I think the Mountain Wanderer Bookstore has them, and the outfitter just past it on the right.

Here's the full list (PDF).

-dave-

Raymond said:
Exit off Route 93 onto Route 49 toward Waterville Valley. Hard right to an information building across from a Moose-something diner.
Just to clarify:
Right onto Rte 49, followed by an immediate second right turn onto a side street. Information center on the right.

On my visits, they have not been open very early in the morning. Open at 9am?

If at all possible, I prefer to get the pass prior to the trip. Saves wasting precious early morning time.

Doug

DougPaul said:
Just to clarify:
Right onto Rte 49, followed by an immediate second right turn onto a side street. Information center on the right.
Doug

To further clarify to the extreme....

The "immediate second right turn" after turning right on 49E is Vintinner Road. It doesn't look like a side street -- it looks like the entrance to the Citgo station. Just look for the big Citgo sign -- The Chamber info center (grey building) is directly across from the Citgo. Link here...http://www.watervillevalleyregion.com/

The full list is here...http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/passes/2006_Vendor_List.pdf

Aren't there self-service kiosks at some of the trailheads, like Caps Ridge?

Sleeping Giant said:
Aren't there self-service kiosks at some of the trailheads, like Caps Ridge?
Yes, but those are only for single day passes. If you want to buy the yearly pass you need to go to one of the places on the list.

-dave-

Or a one-week pass.

Maybe we should put together a list of pass-free parking lots.

I didn’t need one at the Starr King lot recently, for example, or the one for the Baldface Circle trail. I was beginning to think I’d wasted two bucks by buying the seven-day pass, so I went out of my way to find a lot that required the pass just so I could feel that I’d saved a dollar.

One place where the pass was required but there was no pay station (2002, anyway) was the lot past the fish hatchery gate for the Unknown Pond and Bunnell Notch trails.

Probably a silly answer...

but, if it is the parking concern, make sure that you will in fact be in the WMNF's parking lots. If your trailhead is in one of the STATE parking lots, you do not need to pay for the priviledge of parking there.

David Metsky said:
If you're in Manchester I think you can get them at All Outdoors, EMS, or possibly the LL Bean Factory store.

Up north you can hit the Ranger Station at Lincoln Woods, the Irving gas station in Lincoln, I think the Mountain Wanderer Bookstore has them, and the outfitter just past it on the right.

Here's the full list (PDF).

-dave-

I can confirm the Manchester EMS- thats where I purchased mine...........