Request for pictures of Tucks or Hunts this week (11/30-12/4)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed.. it's almost 40 degrees at the summit of mt. washington this morning.

that was the deciding factor.. what was going to come out of this storm today. doesn't look pretty.

well at least you can just go skiing/snowboarding.
oh no, wait. looks like we cant.

but way less interesting than mongolia!

i searched flights from boston to mongolia on travelocity and it gave me fares to las vegas. huh.

thanks for link, skiguy :cool:

seriously, this winter better go into june to make up for this lame start.

I like to be the positivist...Going forward this event could be good for the Ice as it certainly will have things drooling again...and if and only if we can get back to some consistent night time COLD! I would certainly be hesitant to climb until things do firm up again. I have personally had more than one experience with being to eager and getting into a pressure daming situation...not to mention dinner plates:eek:Then again it might be a good time to go practice some dry tooling!:rolleyes:

I like to be the positivist...Going forward this event could be good for the Ice as it certainly will have things drooling again...and if and only if we can get back to some consistent night time COLD! I would certainly be hesitant to climb until things do firm up again. I have personally had more than one experience with being to eager and getting into a pressure daming situation...not to mention dinner plates:eek:Then again it might be a good time to go practice some dry tooling!:rolleyes:

yea... I am getting the itch to get out there and swing and kick... kind of not feeling the hikin thing lately to be honest...

hard part is controlling the urge when you look for that possible opp...but deep down, you know its not to be... sounds like there is potential for a nice lock up, but hard to say what gets toasted today.. are we starting from scratch again..or did some of the snowfields survive??...and if they did, maybe by sat/sun, they are in nice shape for some snow/ice climbing...

but deep down - I know this isn't the case....:(:eek::(:eek:

Last edited:
Less Talk - More Action

Git - ur - Dun

2232606000097082051S500x500Q85.jpg

It is starting slow. But then again it still is only Dec 3. I'm not sweating it, it'll get here.

The beauty of being a generalist. When it snows, ski. When it rains, run/mtb/hike/catch a movie. When its cold, ice climb. Sunny, take your pick.
Plenty of options right now.

Hey Court, remember when I told you to come to Cody and climb? ya, you missed out :p

cbcbd, remember when i divorced you as a friend? you apparently missed that. :cool:

thanks dougpaul - yep, i checked them this morning and indeed there's some snow. going to bag the ice idea in tucks (even though there seems to be some, but doubt it's climbable) and do a snow climb in huntingtons. yale and diagonal look good from a distance. and i'm bringing rock pro also. ;)

they should move the camera over so you can see all of tucks. wtf.

thanks dougpaul - yep, i checked them this morning and indeed there's some snow. going to bag the ice idea in tucks (even though there seems to be some, but doubt it's climbable) and do a snow climb in huntingtons. yale and diagonal look good from a distance. and i'm bringing rock pro also. ;)
The rain and freeze probably hardened the snow a good bit, so it might at least be icy snow... :)

they should move the camera over so you can see all of tucks. wtf.
Yeah--looks to me like someone bumped and tilted the camera.

It looks like better views into Tucks and Hunts may be available, but you have to be a member of the Mt Wash Observatory to see them. http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/ravines/

Doug

So leaf how did this go? Did you sniff out any of the goods?

skiguy, sure did. wicked great alpine day. i'll be posting a TR by the end of the day.