SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sherpa,
So sorry to hear of this accident. Isn't it amazing how things in your life can just instantly go from one state to such a different one so unexpectedly and quickly. As a verteran of a serious accident and eventual recovery, I can only say that you have trust yourself and time, and that you will improve. At the same time, you absolutely can't rush things. No amount of will power or positive thoughts can totally overcome the body's timing and need to heal. I hope you have a good doctor and physical therapist(s) who will tell you what you can and can't do. Following this type of advice, being patient, and working damn hard when they tell you it's o.k. will get you back as quick as possible. Once you get past the "can't do anything" phase (hopefully quickly!), you can actually make a game of working with your phyiscal therapists and trying to figure out new and interesting ways to do things that are appropriate for your level of healing. And you will have a new set of interesting experiences and anectdotes. I found that physical therapists tend to love working with fit people who are highly motivated to recover, it's a nice break from their usual clientele. But perhaps I'm getting ahead of where you are now. Just try to remain peaceful and hopeful and feel good about the incredible number of people who care about you and are wishing the best for you.

Damn Sherpa......sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you have a speedy recovery and you are on the peaks before you know it.

Sticks

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rob & Carla

Hey SK,
Stop distracting the nurses they have work to do ;)...Feel better.You'll get through this because of those who love you and the things you love to do. You possess a lust for living life on your terms. This may slow you down for a while but it won't stop you.
Your friend,
Mike

many thanks from the family of sherpa

I got this email from Sherpa K's brother:

I am sending this via e mail, as I am only a lurker. I visited my brother today, known to you as sherpa k, and he is in good spirts. He is in serious pain, but the doctors seem to be doing a good job making him as comfortable as possible. All of his injuries are still not known, but so far the injuries he has will all heal with time. It could have been worse, he now has a liftime membership in the "I SHOULD BE DEAD CLUB". He told me he has 8 more lives to go. I hope he doesn't use any more up.
Speaking from his family, we are all truly touched by the outpouring of support shown by his friends here at this comunity. thank you all

- darren

You probably don’t remember us but Alex and I remember you very well as our chance meeting on December 26, 2003, in the dark along the extremely wet Ward Brook trail immediately made a difference for the rest of all our Sewards climbs. The 2003-2004 winter was a very cold one, of course it had poured a couple of days earlier, the zillions brooks were in spring mode even though the thermometer was reading 25 below and from the winter season get go parking was some 99 miles from the lean-tos. You were pulling a huge sled carrying what seemed to us “day-hikers” a huge amount of gear and one your metal bars had broken making progress slow and difficult for you. And you mentioned that your knees weren’t enjoying the outing as much as expected. We were very impressed that you could have pulled all of your home contents that far into the Sewards. The next day Alex rushed to get a sled and it made things easier countless times since then. Thank you.

There is no doubt that some days are going to be very rough, that every now and then minutes and hours will be a Seward like no ending pain but you have the will to conquer the beast and sooner than expected you will be back on your favorite mountain summit.

Get well,

Christine & Alex

Wow, Sherpa K goes down and the Dr. McGillicuddy folks had to close their website:

http://www.drmcgillicuddy.com/

:D

Come back soon Sherpa...

All kidding aside, I passed our collective sadness to the Sherpa family. As I am sure you will agree, I offered up any and all help that the family may need from us. Our community of hikers here can be quite supportive during a time of need.

- darren

Hey Sherpa K! Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to see you out on the trails later this year.

Jeff :D

Reactions: arm
sherpa k

i just went to rutland hospital and had a nice chat with sherpa k.
he looked pretty good but was having trouble with double vision.

he new me as drewski right away and he had never met me so he saw 2 of me..

he thanked everyone for the kind words.

he will be moving to leahy clinic friday if all goes well..

Talked to Mrs. Sherpa K this evening on the train...he is in good spirits and as soon as he is stable enough he will be able to be transported closer to home - likely the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA. He is very glad to be hearing from so many of us.

Hi SK,

Sincere wishes for a speedy and full recovery. ;)

We have only PM'ed a few times, but I read your posts and enjoy living vicariously through them!

I hope you are able to take the time to plan out the next few years of adventure!! :rolleyes:

Christine