spring '08 wildflower pics

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More...

Nice stuff, Jason... heres some shots I took on a walk through Webster Wildlife and Natural Area in Kingston.

Cinnamon Fern Osmunda cinnamomea

fern.jpg

Northern Lady Fern Athyrium filix-femina var. angustum (I think)

fern2.jpg

Highbush Blueberry Vaccinium corymbosum
blueberries.jpg

KDT

I'm hoping to get a look at some yellow lady slippers this year over in Vermont...but I figured they would come out later...

All three shots...fantastic....but I really like the rose twisted shot...great light on that one!

Nice shooting!

What? No high altitude wildflowers???

I observed this wildflower on Mt Lafayette on 6/24/08 in area around junction of Skookumchuck and Garfield Ridge Trail at approx. 4630' elevation. I think it's diapensia lapponica.

2208543370088087945S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi all,
I'm going to be helping out a former college prof. with some research on the Trillium (both purple and painted) next spring, and if anyone has a second or two to pm me where they found a bunch of either flower that would be super. Just the trail and approximately where along the trail you've seen it would be great! Just the White Mountain area is where I'll probably focus.
Thanks. :)

leaf said:
Hi all,
I'm going to be helping out a former college prof. with some research on the Trillium (both purple and painted) next spring, and if anyone has a second or two to pm me where they found a bunch of either flower that would be super. Just the trail and approximately where along the trail you've seen it would be great!
There was a nice one (painted, I think) in the middle of Old Indian Trail on Wachusett on May 17. IIRC, it was above the ski trail crossings.

Doug

DougPaul said:
There was a nice one (painted, I think) in the middle of Old Indian Trail on Wachusett on May 17. IIRC, it was above the ski trail crossings.

Doug

Thanks. I'm looking for an area where there's alot of both types of Trillium growing in the same spot. It's a scent/pollination study. A giant field of 100 flowers would be ideal, but of course ideal study sites don't exist in real life. :cool:

Don't want to hiijack this thread, so you can just pm me! Beautiful pictures everyone. I have some California spring wildflower picture up on my site if anyone is interested. It was so colorful out there a few weekends ago!

leaf said:
Thanks. I'm looking for an area where there's alot of both types of Trillium growing in the same spot. It's a scent/pollination study. A giant field of 100 flowers would be ideal, but of course ideal study sites don't exist in real life. :cool:
Brownsville Trail on Mt. Ascutney at above 2700', right above "North Peak;" I didn't hunt around much off trail but I'm willing to bet there were a thousand purple trillium and if you look hard enough, 50-100 painted trillium. The area was very open and seemed littered with them.

-Dr. Wu

Which Blueberry Mountain?

I assume you were on the one near Moosilaukee? Otherwise you'd have run into Jude, Emma and I on the one in Evan's Notch!

KDT

Can't identify this flower - help appreciated...

I saw these all over Lambert Ridge going up to Smarts Mtn yesterday, any ideas as to what they are?

Couldn't find them in the wildflower books.

Flower.JPG

Thanks,

/JCE

Last edited:
JCE said:
I saw these all over Lambert Ridge going up to Smarts Mtn yesterday, any ideas as to what they are?

Couldn't find them in the wildflower books.

Thanks,

/JCE
pale corydalis

I concur..

Carole is correct, Pale Corydalis, see earlier posts. Hey RickB, that Rhodora shot looks vaguely familiar. Oh yeah, it's hanging on my wall!

18baldface.jpg

Shot it 6/5/06. Obviously, you have a good eye!

Jason, wonderful shots! I think "What's this?" is Swamp Dewberry Rubus hispidus.

KDT

Thank you!!!

Thanks for the quick response!

/JCE