Spring Fling (Gathering) - Melting Snow 101 - 3.20.09-3.22.09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN

Reaction score
So as many of you know there is going to be another snow melting party at THE CAVE in Proctorsville this spring - at this point in time I have collected over 350 pallets, should be a good fire :D

Also, the Bluffs have volunteered to provide some entertainment and Gris is even flying up from Florida last I heard.....:cool:

WHO: Anybody and everybody
WHAT: Annual Big Fire / Jam session
WHEN: 3.20.09-3.22.09
WHERE: "THE CAVE" - Proctorsville, VT
WHY: If you're asking this question someone ougta smack ya!

The usual itinerary:

- Friday night people roll in, we order in a bunch of food or go out to a local watering hole, most likely there'll be some jammin going on later in the night, relatively small fire out back
- Saturday people recreate doing whatever wherever
- Saturday night potluck dinner, entertainment provided by Grey Knob and the Bluffs, and there'll be a bigger fire out back
- Sunday winds down the weekend

How to get there:

373 Bailey Hill Road
Proctorsville, VT 05153

White house, White truck, HUGE White propane tank surrounded by a lot of smaller White propane tanks.

PM me for my Cell Phone # if you like.

A few of the more popular routes...

Coming down 89 or 91 South:

- If you are coming down 89 South then take it to White River Jct. and get on 91 South take exit 8 Ascutney
- take a RIGHT at the bottom of the ramp onto Rt. 131
- in about 8 miles you will come to a four way intersection with a flashing red light STOP and then proceed straight through the light
- in about 8 miles you will come into a 35 mile/hr. school zone and on your left will be DEPOT St. take that left follow to the end (about 1/2 mile, you will go over a set of railroad tracks)
- take a left at the end of the road then take an immediate hard right up Bailey Hill Road
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile), remember the theme is WHITE

Going up 89 North:

- go to White River Jct. and get on 91 South and follow the above directions - trust me, it's a LOT easier and the same amount of time as going through Sunappe and Claremont even if it is more distance

Heading up 91 North:

- get off exit 6 Bellows Falls
- take a left at the bottom of the ramp onto Route 5
- follow Route 5 which will turn into Route 103, you will have to take a right towards Ludlow/Rutland just before the Jiffy Mart (about 13 miles)
- follow Route 103 for about 9 miles, when the road splits into two lanes and gets steep, you are almost there
- at the top of the hill the road will merge back into a single lane and head down a slight hill, at the bottom of the hill (about 1/2 mile) there will be a left hand turn that is Bailey Hill Road, I am the second driveway on the right past the cemetary (if you go too far and miss Bailey Hill Road you will go over a set of railroad tracks, turn around and I'm the third turn on the right AFTER the railroad tracks)

Coming over from NY:

- if you are on Route 4 take a right where it intersects with Route 7 South, if you are on Route 7 South follow down through Rutland and head out of town
- take a left at the intersection of Route 7 and Route 103 (there will be a traffic light) and follow Route 103 South down through Ludlow
- about 3 miles outside of town you will go by the Cavendish Point Hotel (white hotel on your left) and then over a set of railroad tracks
- take the third road on your right after the railroad tracks, Bailey Hill Road (the road is split at the beginning, take the hard right up the hill otherwise you’ll wind up in the sawmill)
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile)

As was the case last year there is plenty of room for parking and camping and I can accommodate around 25 in the house - the beds are all spoken for but with a bag and a sleeping pad you'll be comfortable.

I'm committed to the NET telemark festival at Bretton Woods. Sorry to miss this wonderful party!

Gosh I'd love to make it this year too--last year was a blast!! Hopefully I can drive by then otherwise maybe I can hitch a ride up! :eek:

Awesome!!! We'll plan on being there and I might bring a few guests with me too. Can't wait to experience the infamous UFC bonfire!!!

There's a good chance we'll be there! And if we are, it will also likely mean some Killington and/or Okemo skiing. :D

So I just came home from being gone for a couple of days - the pallet fairy stopped in while I was away and dropped another 50 or so pallets off, gonna start bartering with Okemo see how much they'll pay me NOT to have a fire!

Maybe folks are thinking of showing up rather than discussing it. :p

Anyway, The Bluffs will be there, so I guess that ups the count by 7 or 8 or so, and most of us haven't posted. ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be well attended.

There's a good chance we'll be there! And if we are, it will also likely mean some Killington and/or Okemo skiing. :D

hmmm that sounds fun, but i was thinking more of hiking vermonts presidentials...

Grant, Cleveland, Roosevelt, Wilson and Breadloaf.
have to look at a map when i get home and see if its possible to hit them all.

Steve,
Planning on being there this year!!

May not be hiking still, but will just be able to party more I guess!!!

Looking forward to it!!

Darl

In addition to the new VFTT t-shirts, I'm also bringing everybody's favorite bonfire treat :rolleyes:

0004178000357_LG.jpg