Spring Fling (Gathering) - Melting Snow 101 - 3.20.09-3.22.09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Unfrozencaveman,a Sasquatch...........Any more prehistoric/mythical creatures gonna be there?

...i was thinking more of hiking vermonts presidentials...Grant, Cleveland, Roosevelt, Wilson and Breadloaf.....see if its possible to hit them all.

You do realize that it's not THAT kind of gathering :confused::rolleyes:

.....I dunno Steve...do you really think you have enough pallets!!?:D

Well..... I'd have more but remember that night you, Jason, and that redhaired woman came over (I know, neither do I!) - anyway, I think we burned around 60 or so pallets that night over the course of a couple of hours!

.....An Unfrozencaveman, a Sasquatch........... Any more prehistoric/mythical creatures gonna be there?

Let's hope so!

Should I bring an asbestos tent?

I'd recommend it, or just set it up in NH and come over to VT for the party :D

I seem to recall empty cardboard beer cases, outside the fire ring, bursting spontaneously into flame from the heat...

That's OK, Darl, you can just say you're with the band. :D

Yeah, Darl, we'll take REAL good care of you. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Besides, in my typical unPC mode, the band needs a Beer Wench :rolleyes:

BTW, if any of you didn't figure it out, this coincides with the coming of spring. Our own little Groundhog (Gris) is flying up the night before. We plan to put winter to bed in style :cool:

Come one, come all: a Cave Warming is not something to be missed. Trust me on this one. There will be no snow within a 20 mile vicinity after this bonfire weekend.

Last edited:
That's OK, Darl, you can just say you're with the band. :D

That could work.....as long as you don't ask me to sing!!

Yeah, Darl, we'll take REAL good care of you. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Besides, in my typical unPC mode, the band needs a Beer Wench :rolleyes:
I'm scared!! REALLY good care hmmm :confused:

Sherpa...can I be a beer wench that can't even get you beers...I'll be needing beers delivered to me!! :rolleyes:

I hope there will be no snow anywhere's around..or that could restrict my appearance...not thinking crutches go well in snow....hmmm Ideas??? :(

Sherpa...can I be a beer wench that can't even get you beers...I'll be needing beers delivered to me!! :rolleyes:
Are you sure you can drink and still get around on crutches? (aka "drunken crutching"...)

Want to hear my rates for borrowing my walker?

I hope there will be no snow anywhere's around..or that could restrict my appearance...not thinking crutches go well in snow....hmmm Ideas??? :(
Put points and ski baskets on your crutches? (I've seen points on canes.) Or you might be able to get people to "practice" their first aid carries...

Actually, snow hasn't been a problem on past UFC-sponsored get-togethers.

Doug

Da*n

Alas, I won't be able to make it this year. It seems another event demands my attention in much the same way that I will be expected to show up for my own funeral. ARGGGHHHHH!!!! In other words, attendance is not an option.

bubba, or anyone passing by that can pick up the coffee pot and timer?

teejay

How long would it take to get to the nearest 4000 footer ?

a little less than an hour to killington if you are talking about vermont 4k's.
ellen and abraham are about 2 hours from proctorsville
camels hump about 2.5 and mansfield about the same for mansfield.

NH 4ks i would say moosilauke is the closest. probably about 2 hours as well.

I'll be there with stickers. But, really, can you wait over a month just to save a coupla' stamps? Keep those orders coming in.

teejay

WTF teejay! No stickers or coffee?

I'll be sitting in as the band's beer biatch.
However, I know sherp won't drink until the second set on saturday night.

So, maybe I can get out for a hike that day.

I like the idea of mookie's presidential bid.
President Wilson and president Breadloaf.

Just depends on how hung-over I am.:)