Spring Fling (Gathering) - Melting Snow 101 - 3.20.09-3.22.09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be my first appearance to the Spring Fling. I was going to attend solo (as usual), but Kevin read the thread and loves to pack heat so he will bring his artillary. By the way, this is Mtn mama's neighbor!
Laura:)

WOOO HOOO - the crazy blonde is going to make an appearance!!! And Kevin too - rock on! Can you bring your cornhole? Or is that your sons?

Geez...

I leave the swamps of north Florida for New England to get away from the sordid combination of guns, alcohol and corn-holes, not to land smack dab in the middle of guns-alcohol-cornhole convention!:(

Caveman,

Can you please save some snow in a big pile so we can keep our beers cool without needing a cooler?

Does anyone have pix of the outdoor "cooler" from last year?

i'm cheap and i really don't want to buy ice.

Thank you,
Carmel

As of this posting there is still a foot of snow left in the yard and 8-10 foot snowbanks that the payloader piled up earlier this winter - there will still be plenty of snow left to use for a giant cooler!

Anybody have a grill they can bring? I'm lacking a grill.....

Well NOW we have a party!:D

Reminder: as DaveBear will attest, it is best to keep your shirt on when standing in front of the fire. This is the only fire I've ever been to where you put a jacket on to stay cool :eek:

Yeah! And that was the "little" Friday night fire! Probably had something to do with getting alcohol to close to the fire and/or the bear!;)

Losthiker, Welcome to the forum! You folks know about the 24 hour daylight at Caveman's, right!:D

Last year with the full moon it really did feel like 24 hours of daylight!

I'll definitely be there on Sat with at least one friend and maybe I'll bring my flute and my martin om.... but prolly not.

I may show my face on Friday but that depends on how far a drive it is from WRJ. Either way, really looking forward to seeing (almost) everyone!!!

.....I may show my face on Friday but that depends on how far a drive it is from WRJ. Either way, really looking forward to seeing (almost) everyone!!!

You should come down Friday night - it's only about 35 minutes from White River Jct., unless of course you drive like my grandmother ;) With you here it should be closer to "neutral" as opposed to "net positive." (You didn't think I'd miss that "almost" reference did you? :p )

I'll definitely be there on Sat with at least one friend and maybe I'll bring my flute and my martin om.... but prolly not.

I may show my face on Friday but that depends on how far a drive it is from WRJ. Either way, really looking forward to seeing (almost) everyone!!!

Come Friday. Bring musical gear. No saying no. :cool:

other recreation

So I have to pull myself away from the house building project to take a fresh breath and bury myself in self indulgence!! I’ve already been queried about having a drywall finisher starting on Wednesday and leaving on Thursday… otflmao!! Duh?? Like I've told you about this event and even invited you to come...

Meanwhile I’m trying to make plans for packing the right gear (sans any heat because I don’t own any…yet). I’m taking Friday to ski/board at Bromley cause I have an offer to do so. Anyone interested in joining, let me know.

Saturday I’m up for a hike – anyone have anything in mind? And, because my focus has been elsewhere… I’m assuming that there is plenty of snow at altitude. I’m not sure I’ve climbed high in late winter/early spring conditions. hummmmm… packing is starting to become an event in itself it would seem.

If not hiking… I’d certainly be up for a ski/board, snowshoe or x/c expedition somewhere in the vicinity. Actually, it’s probably a nearly equal interest.

I was really hoping to stay around for the Sunday jam… but I figured out that I approved a corporate meeting for 8:30am Monday morning about a month ago. Is there a ‘kick-in-the-ass’ smiley??

teejay -- I can stop, but I can just as easily pack one from here and grab and unused timer. I'll just need to grab some coffee, filters and condiments.