The DAY D.....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi readers,

With the complicity of a small friends group (thank You) Junior keep secret the choosed day for his last goals. ;)

We had a partial meeting in the small public parking in the West side of the street going at the Garden parking bu pool car.

In the parking, a couple of other friends were waiting for this special day, the clouds made a curtain and accepted to give Us a dark blue sky only over the second Brothers. :cool:

With a volontary intention with stoped at the 2 view ponts before the summit, the last steps in the white carpet and We arrived at the end of the Junior adventures.........

A hat-trick of victories: 22th Winter rounds, 46th consécutive seasons and (46 X 46) X 2 = 92th Hight Peaks rounds..... :rolleyes:

Other friends were waiting..... perfect blue sky, gorgious view in all directions, the higher summits lift them white hat to saluted Pinpin Junior.

Don't cry Junior pass the torch at his young brother Pinpin the 3th, He will be the new guide for the next goal. He same a little bite minus but You can not judge a toad at his first jump!!!! :D

The Queen dressed a improvised table and all the rabbit family can eat carrots and other good things for eyes and health.

We open the bubble bottle and drink for my friends.

With a alphabethical order, except for The Queen in first, We need to tell a big Thank You at all my friends and specialy for the braves accepted to come for Us in the Big Slide: Christine, Cory (ColdRiverRun), David (TopOfGothics), Jeff (Sir Edmund), Peggy, Rich & Tom my faithful 100 higher peaks friend.
We had also a special think to Bob, Éric, Ellen......

Thank You also at all friends and peoples help Us in this challenge started the september 21 1996, it is not the end it is just a special step for the sky.....

I was more of 2 months without alcool and the few bubble changed my legs in a fragile reed :eek: but with Tom in head with the other teenagers Cory & Jeff We made a fraternal race down :D .....always You will keep a special place in my heart! ;)

Around a table in Keane Valley We shared a very special carrots cakes and remember a lot of adventures.....

We will keep the same site but We will signe with my new guide

Pinpin the 3th.......

Congratulation Alain,

Your success in the ADKs have been well earned and respected. I count you as one of my long time trail friends first meeting you and Pin Pin (the original) in the Sewards 7 and 8 March 1998. Over the years countless trail encounters have been made. Each meeting has always been enjoyable. I pray to your continued success and hope we can share another Maudite. The bottle of Maudite Pin Pin Junior signed for me is on display in my dining room (also a Seward meeting 19 March 2005).

À votre santé et success
- Guinness

Alain, please thank Junior once again for allowing Topo (and myself) to share in a piece of Adirondack history. With obligations on Friday and Sunday, it was still such a thrill to cover the thousand kilometer round trip between my home and those wonderful mountains that are so much fun to hop about in. The clouds may have threatened early in the day, but once they saw who was coming and what was being accomplished, they soon dispersed and every vista we passed became more grand.

Being granted an audience with the Queen was an unexpected privilege. Knowing that my little green friend was in the company of not one, but four rabbits, including the Old Man PinPin himself must elevate him into a select group who have shared a trail with The Queen, PinPin, PinPin Junior, PinPin the 3rd, Janet, and Alain all at the same time. It was nice to see Junior take a break or two and smell the roses. Given that, it was a mere two and a half hours before our hardy band reached Big Slide's summit and was greated with glorious winter skies and most striking of all, almost no wind. When Janet pulled out the goodies from her pack, I instantly went from having quickly developed respect for her Highness to falling in love. The cookies were grand, and the pineapple was sublime. The bubbly only put the cherry on the cake.

Although I am only getting to know you, it was no surprise to learn that all of your merry band were a pleasure to tramp with. They were very warm and accepting of my little green buddy into the group. Janet was very welcoming. Guy recovered my water bottle after I dropped it on my bobsled run off the top of Big Slide, saving me from having to explain that to the mountain gods. Peggy was great trail company during the descent. I look forward to seeing if I can help Tom mend his ailing snowshoes.

And then there is yourself. You sat in the corner during lunch with an easy smile on your face, engaging everyone like they were the most important person in the world. While Junior raced for home, we stopped to enjoy the fabulous views of Johns Brook Valley and give thanks to the fact that we have places like these to spend our days, and people to share the memories with. While you may have summitted forty times more Dack peaks than I, it is my belief that our love for these hills is common. If only everyone had a thing such as this in their lives.

We will have to see if the new rabbit has the legs that the old rabbit did. Topo says that both rabbits and frogs hop, but rabbits appear to hop faster. He looks forward to playing 'find the rabbit' with your new trailmate. He also made quick work of the wonderful carrot cake Janet made (our third piece) on the ride home. May all trails lead to home..........David

Last edited:
With the sincerest admiration, I congratulate you, and all you special friend ;)

Thanks for sharing the details of your special day.

Yes, I'll join in too. Congratulations, Alain. The scope of your achievement makes my completion of the Winter 46 today seem a little bit... well, small!

...Andrew

TopOfGothics said:

And then there is yourself. You sat in the corner during lunch with an easy smile on your face, engaging everyone like they were the most important person in the world. While Junior raced for home, we stopped to enjoy the fabulous views of Johns Brook Valley and give thanks to the fact that we have places like these to spend our days, and people to share the memories with. While you may have summitted forty times more Dack peaks than I, it is my belief that our love for these hills is common. If only everyone had a thing such as this in their lives.
I remember when Dom and Neil finished the 46 on RPR. There was a sort of informal celebration going on all around the summit area. Almost unnoticed, off to the side, was Alain. I doubt most up there knew who he was, but he was not the star that day. He just sat there and smiled, taking it all in. I saw him exchange a glance with Neil and Dom. I forget if they spoke, but it was a moment I will remember.

Tres bien, mon ami!

Congratulations and bravo, Alain! You're a living legend whose footprints give inspiration to many of us.
-Lucky Laura

I've just finished reading the book about Adirondack legend French Louie, and each time I read one of PinPin's reports, I can't help but think that we are witnessing a legend in the making - our children's children will read of him one day, and know what a special rabbit he is.

I am fairly new to these woods, but the legend is apparent to even a greenhorn like me...I only hope to cross paths one day with this fast-moving, mountain-loving rabbit!

Ever the best,

Scott

My sincere congratulations on your incredible accomplishment. :cool: I had some advance knowledge of your special hike, and have been anxiously waiting for this moment to read about that day. You truly are an Adirondack legend. It has been my honor to have met you briefly on the trail a few times (how could I avoid it!) :D , and to have taken the wonderful trail portrait of you that I will temporarily use as my avatar as a tribute to a prolific hiker and a really nice person. Well done, Alain!

Bravo Alain, mes félicitations.
What an accomplishment, it is incredible but you are a living legend. Hope I will see you next week at the beer night, we will celebrate that.

What else do you say to a (DAKS:(46 X 46) X 2)) kind of hiking legend?

When will you begin the 93rd round?

Félicitations Alain et surtout à Pinpin Jr !