The journey's end.......#48 x 2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmac

Reaction score
Over the winter of 2005 and into 2006 it became apparent that I was possessed by the 4000 footer peakbagger list. I started out innocently enough, writing down in my Smith/Dickerman "bible", the peaks I had climbed, there weren't many :rolleyes: Marcia a friend from CT., checked her list and well she had zippo! And so our quest began!! Marcia and I started out by hiking 24 of the 48 winter peaks with MEB this last winter and pretty much continued until last weekend, when we finished our list of the 48NHK.

Saturday July 29
Marcia (vftt Satori) finished her 48th peak Saturday on Mt. Carrigan! Her son Nick, future son-in-law Gino, MEB,Rachel, Drew and I were there to help her celebrate this wonderful day :) We hiked up the Signal Ridge trail and descended the Desolation Trail. Desolation trail was really very beautiful and not well travelled and we all decided a return trip would be in order, but in reverse. There were some steep sections on the descent in the very beginning of Desolation but there after it flattens out pretty quickly for a very nice forest hike.
Arriving at the summit we celebrated with Brie/pita chips, oatmeal cookies and our famous p/j's!! Gino and Nick you guys did a fabulous job, for never really hiking in the Whites, you guys were awesome.
We celebrated with Pizza and beer at Mr. Pizza's, and later at Dolly Copp we continued our celebration with a campfire and smores :) Oh yes and thanks MEB for those yummy orange gumdrops :eek:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hiker.../pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hikerunkmac/my_photos

Sunday July 30
The next morning it was my turn. We woke up to a blue cloudless sky and headed off to meet Chinooktrail and Lengdawg at the trailhead. (To MEB and Rachel's surprise they were early ;) Whoo hoo!!
We decided we would hike Stony Brook up to Moriah and descend on the Rattle River trail. The bog bridges through Rattle River were really beautiful, and the moss was just so pretty with the filtered light shining on it from the sun. I really liked this trail it offered a little of everything.
As you can imagine, on both days there was lots of laughter and our topics of discussion, well let's say, what is said on the trail remains on the trail ;)

Arriving on the summit of Moriah was really overwhelming, I was taken back by the beauty of the mountains that surrounded us, you could see forever on this day. We spent a couple of hours on the summit, sunbathing, singing, laughing and just relaxing, not really wanting our day to come to an end.

MEB, Rachel and Marcia thanks you mean girls for such a wonderful journey. Lenny and Christine thanks for such a fun time, you guys are great. And Christine I will be thinking of you when you finish on the Bonds in a couple of weeks. Whoo hoo!!!
I am sooooooooo looking forward to finishing up my remaining 24 winter peaks with you girlie girls :) this winter!!
kmac
ps thanks drew for the patch.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hikerunkmac/album?.dir=/2aefre2&urlhint=actn,del:s,1:f,0

Last edited:
Way to GO!!!!

You picked a couple of great peaks to complete your 48 on. Both are amoung my favorites for views.

Kmac, I was about to send you a PM to see how your hike went. I've been looking for your trip report. I'm glad you all had a great time. I'd love to join you for some of those winter hikes.

Congratulations!

Woody

Way to go Kmac and Satori!!! These past few months have been quite the adventure...thanks so much for all the fun and laughs along the way...you guys are the best! I'm really looking forward to getting the rest of your winter peaks this coming season:) So sorry about those orange gumdrops...YUCK! Nothing like the taste of potpourri :eek: :eek: Great picutres everyone!

-MEB

Congrats Karen and Marcia!! Hope to hike with you again! Hanna

Congats...Its a nice feeling isn't it?

Hope to meet you at the awards presentation.

Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before now. :(

Great work, Karen & Marcia! Bet you can't wait for December 22 at 00:20! :D

MEB said:
Way to go Kmac and Satori!!! These past few months have been quite the adventure...thanks so much for all the fun and laughs along the way...you guys are the best! I'm really looking forward to getting the rest of your winter peaks this coming season:) So sorry about those orange gumdrops...YUCK! Nothing like the taste of potpourri :eek: :eek: Great picutres everyone!

-MEB
did you take any pic's? i thought you had : )