Two new NH4000 on Moosilauke

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
A weekend full of emotions.

After Waumbek for our 46, we just need a weekend with 2 beautiful days.
Earlier last week, I watch the weather forecast. And it was not encouraging. Finally, two beautiful days for the weekend. We're going to complete our 47th and 48th of New Hampshire. Earlier last week, Réjean send me an email and tell me that there would be some people who come with us to our final . But without me confirm to 100%.

Saturday, we headed to Cabot. When we arrived at the trailhead, our friends Gina, Marie-Pierre, Suzie, Pascal, Danny, Karl, Réjean and to my surprise, Pinpin. Yes, he was there, having failed to be there for our ADK46, he wanted to be there for our NH48. The day went very nicely and we had lunch together in the Cabot Cabin. Them they do a traverse but Annie and I, Cabot only.

The next day 8am at Ravine Lodge for the last summit of our list, everybody was there. The ascent was very relaxed, in fact the whole day was like that. We chatted a lot and laughed from beginning to end of the hike. After a while we arrived at the summit. That's where things became official. We took a glass of champagne to celebrate. After several pictures and quite chatting we left toward to South Peak and then we returned to the starting point for a loop.

This conquest of NH48 was very fast for us.

SommetCabot.jpg

#47 Cabot

SommetMoosilauke.jpg

#48 Moosilauke

Last edited:
I am so happy for you both!
We saw two cars from Quebec parked at Starr King saturday and wondered if they were yours.
Then on sunday, we stopped at the Mountain Wanderer to chat with Steve and he said we had missed you by less than half and hour! We were disappointed not to have had the opportunity to congratulate you in person and see your smiles so I'll just say it here....

Congratulations to Yvon and Annie! Bravo!

I am so happy for you both!
We saw two cars from Quebec parked at Starr King saturday and wondered if they were yours.
Then on sunday, we stopped at the Mountain Wanderer to chat with Steve and he said we had missed you by less than half and hour! We were disappointed not to have had the opportunity to congratulate you in person and see your smiles so I'll just say it here....

Congratulations to Yvon and Annie! Bravo!

Thank you Sabrina.
The 2 cars from Quebec was my my friends cars. Because they did a traverse from Unknown Pound TH to Waumbek. We did only Cabot with them.
We leave Mountain Wanderer to early. I was there to see Steve and also to buy a Maine map.

What Sabrina said - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and so sorry to have missed you!

Congratulations Yvon and Annie!!! Great job. I hope you had fun hiking the Whites. We also stopped at Steve's on Sunday and he told us you had finished on the Moose. I hear you're now off to finish VT and then onto ME. Have lots of fun you two!!!

John & June

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement, thanks for sharing it with us!

You two have come very far, eh? You now go out in most conditions to any mountain you please. I hope you convince Annie for the goal of W46. I may be of help in this if you like.;) Congrats and YE! to both of you!

Who is this new blue friend on Annie's lap?:)

I hope you convince Annie for the goal of W46. I may be of help in this if you like.;)

Thank you, I will let you know Cory.

Who is this new blue friend on Annie's lap?:)

It is a new Pinpin it is Pinpinvert, for Vermont. He was in the White only for Annie and me on our last NH48 summit.

Last edited: