VFTT Film Festival - Call for Entries

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
Views From The Top Film Festival Call For Entries

The Views From The Top Film Festival invites you to submit your mountain lifestyle, skiing, surfing, or climbing film for consideration for its first Film Festival, to be held in late October, 2009, in central New England (exact date and location TBD).

Short films less than 10 minutes can be submitted in the following categories:

General Mountains - hiking, backpacking, MTB, mountain culture etc.
Climbing - rock, ice, mixed, bouldering, indoor
Snow Sports - skiing (tele, alipine, xc, you name it), snow boarding, etc
Water Sports - canoeing, kayaking, surfing, fishing, etc.
Miscellaneous - wildlife, outdoor oriented comedy, etc

Feature - Films between 10 – 30 minutes can be submitted to the Feature Films category. Feature films should be outdoor oriented and should fall into one or more of the above categories.

Selected entries will be played during the night of the festival. Prior to the showing, the audience will be provided with score cards to assist in voting on their favorite films. The scores will be tallied and determine People’s Choice awards for each category and also the overall Grand Prize winner. In keeping with the history of past Views From The Top events, prizes and awards will be of little monetary value but will nonetheless be highly coveted in the Northeast backcountry community.

By entering in the VFTT Film Festival, you will have the opportunity to:

Have your film publicly presented to a (hopefully) large audience.
Contend for the People’s Choice and Grand Prize awards.
Gain the respect and admiration of thousands of Northeast US outdoor oriented internet dwellers.

For more information about the Views From The Top Film Festival, visit our
website at http://www.vftt.org/film_festival/

Or contact the VFTT Film Festival at [email protected]
Deadline for entry: September 15, 2009.

Entry forms and guidelines can be found at
http://www.vftt.org/film_festival/

Aloha

- darren

Couple of things up front:

1) The call for entries and entry form pdf's are available online, but I haven't built a snazzy webpage yet. The forms are at:

2) I haven't set up the [email protected] email address yet, so for now contact me via Pm if you have to. I hope to have the email address and webpage set up this weekend.

I need 2 volunteers to be on the pre-selection committee. You will join 3 others (myself included) on the committee. We will get together to watch all of the entries between Sept 15 - Oct 1, probably on a weekend. Please let me know if you are interested.

Location and date of the showing are TBD. One member has offered to try to secure the auditorium at UNH for us. That would be pretty cool. I am still interested in having the showing in a large barn or something similar on a private location. If you own / know of a location in Central New England that could be used, please let me know.

Aloha

- darren

Ok, I posted a fancy page with info about the film festival at:

http://www.vftt.org/film_festival/

So far, I haven't received any entries. I hope everyone that said they were interested in submitting films is still up for it.

I am also still looking for 2 volunteers to help with the pre-selection committee - meaning we probably sit around my house for a weekend drinking draft beer and watching movies (and maybe sneak in some ocean kayaking or mountain biking and fire up the grill).

The quest is also still on for a large indoor venue for the showing.

Are people still interested in this...I hope so because it could be very cool.

Aloha

- darren

Wow

i somehow missed this, but i will def do a surf movie

problem is the deadline

our best waves are Sep-Oct

this is way cool

The deadline for film submission was Sept 15th. I only received a couple of entries. Which was a bummer, because due to people initial responses there was supposed to be about 30 films.

There are two options: 1) cancel the event, or 2) extend the deadline and push the showing back to this winter.

What do you want me to do?

Is anyone else going to submit a film?

Entry forms are online here.

Aloha

- darren

Has this been decided yet? I vote to extend the deadline.