Waltham brews anyone??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of fun and yes it was nice to meet and visit with hikers I've only read TR's on and of course to meet John the lurker again...(last time was in Keene Valley at a pizza joint) too funny!! :D

Thanks for all the well wishes on my next adventure from everyone!!! Will be looking forward to catching up for another beer night & hiking when we return!!!

Happy & safe hiking!!!!

Thanks Gillian for setting this up!!

fun time ... Waltham must hold the Guinness world record for "no parking" signs

Paula Poundstone must have been in Waltham at some point:

"So parking is so difficult in this city that one day I saw an apartment building with a sign on it that said, 'Don't even THINK about parking here!' ... so I just stood outside and thought about it. When the police arrived and asked me what I was thinking about, I just said 'something else' "

I had an AWESOME time hanging out, meeting new friends and seeing old ones, and consuming some fine craft brews. Thank you Gillian!!!

Ditto on the thanks to Gillian. Wish I could have stayed longer.

At least I have an excuse now to get back that way to try some of the other brews. ;)

Thanks for organizing this! It was fun meeting everyone. Challenging remembering names though, since everyone has two!

What a fantastic gathering! Great to meet new folks and visit with old friends. Thanks for pulling it together Gillian :)

Hey thanks everyone for sharing a few cocktails!! Great night!

It was a bit strange that they "ran out" of their IPA...hmmm? Guess your right Mats, they couldn't keep up with us???...:p

Nice to meet Jamie, Jazzbo, John the Lurker, and to finally meet Tom & Laurie ... :cool:

Sounds like I missed a fine event; 27+ VftT'ers is impressive. So, was the Hops Explosion IPA back on tap (until you folks drained it)? :D What was the consensus on the FNA Imperial Ale?

Sounds like I missed a fine event; 27+ VftT'ers is impressive. So, was the Hops Explosion IPA back on tap (until you folks drained it)? :D What was the consensus on the FNA Imperial Ale?
Hmmm, they had neither, as far as I can tell. They had an Imperial IPA, which apparently ran out after I had some. It was ok, not my favorite. They also had a very good wheat beer, and a good Scotch Ale on Cask. I ordered 2 samplers and we passed them around.

The hand-drawn, cask-conditioned Scotch Ale (8.7% abv) was exquisite.

I believe I mentioned that a few too many times that night... :)

Thanks for posting this Gillian !

I'm almost glad they ran out of the ipa.
The bartender really had his hands full!
I noticed the hand-drawn process right in front of me. I'd guess a 20-30 min. wait for one of those.

Enjoyed yelling at most of you. I missed a few but, I'll yell at you later!

Largest beer night in a while!:)

Hmmm, they had neither, as far as I can tell. They had an Imperial IPA, which apparently ran out after I had some. It was ok, not my favorite. They also had a very good wheat beer, and a good Scotch Ale on Cask. I ordered 2 samplers and we passed them around.

Whoops, I meant the FNA Imperial IPA (10.8%vol and 93 IBU's). But, I agree that sometimes the high hops content does not necessarily mean the best taste. Their Hops Explosion IPA is only 6% and 63 IBU's, but tastes great.