Waltham brews anyone??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bump so everyone will attend the practice..umm game Thursday night!!!:D

Looking forward to seeing lots of hikers...:confused:

I'll be there! And yes, apparently my first post on this forum will be related to drinking...

Ok, we'll be there!

Hey, if you Eastern Mass types could post or send me some hikes in and around Bahston, I'd be Green-ful, I mean grateful! :D

Remember, it can be anything 1 mile or more, flat or steep, views preferred! :)

Last edited:
Ok, we'll be there!

Hey, if you Eastern Mass types could post or send me some hikes in and around Bahston, I'd be Green-ful, I mean grateful! :D

Remember, it can be anything 1 mile or more, flat or steep, views preferred! :)

Prospect Hill Park is where you want to go. Question is how we can rendezvous. The offical automobile access entrance is off of Totten Pond Road Exit 27 Rt 95/128, but there are other access points in our neighborhood called the Highlands which is closer to Route 20 Exit 26 off Rt 95/128. We can easily put together an interesting 3 mile loop from our house taking in 2 highpoints featuring views of Bahston and some interesting ledges and rock formations. I live up the road from MJ and UDogger. Perhaps GPS coordinates are in order? Plus I can show people where I'm putting in some waterbars. Big enough group would take no time at all to install, but that could be done some other time.

Prospect Hill Park is where you want to go. Question is how we can rendezvous. The offical automobile access entrance is off of Totten Pond Road Exit 27 Rt 95/128, but there are other access points in our neighborhood called the Highlands .

They have directions and a parking spot at our home, and we can simply walk up the road and meet you on the way. I was thinking Fiske Trail Up to Ridge Trail, Boston Rock Trail down, Wood Trail back to road. The loop is about 45 minutes.

But, if you guys just want to meet *the minimum* Views and Brews requirement, we could walk up the Boston Rock Trail to the outlook on the city; and head back down. I can't hike until 5pm -- and that one would get us to the bar right about 6ish. I can email you directions for that hike if you would like to hit it earlier than your local trailguides are home from work!

If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm or respond here and we can set it up.

:)

Last edited:
properous prospect hill

I'm in for the hike and the drink....if the promised bump in the ocean doesn't panout :cool:-surfing can be fickel. Sabrina, your timing works for me---meet where and what time for the hike?

Uuna Dogger's timing no good for me

I don't get home until 6:00 and couldn't get suited up for hike in park until 6:30 or so. Any one interested in that time frame can drop me a line. Otherwise I'll see folks at Watch City whenever.

I don't get home until 6:00 and couldn't get suited up for hike in park until 6:30 or so. Any one interested in that time frame can drop me a line. Otherwise I'll see folks at Watch City whenever.
The weather calls for 50% chance of rain...

40% chance of not rain. The "T" word will not be uttered by me.

Sounds like fun, the hike at 5 / drink at 6 plan works for me.

Bummer; I can no longer make this event. But, I was at the Watch City Brew Pub for lunch today and noticed that they have replaced temporarily their Hops Explosion IPA with a FNA Imperial Ale, in a 14 oz Snifter for 5.95, which checks in with an ABV of 10.8% and an IBU rating at 93 (that's some serious hoppiness). If anyone (Tom Rankin?) tries the Imperial Ale, please report back here. :D Hope to make an event at the WCBP in the fall. Cheers, Dr. D.

The highlight of the night is sure to be the jovial interplay between the New Yorkers and New Englanders, what with the Sox-Yankees game on the bar TVs.
;)

OK, please everyone interested in meeting at 5pm for a quick hike tommorrow
PM ME! We will need to meet at my house as there is no parking on this side of the park.

Since I don't want to publish my address on the internet...get in touch and I will send out a group PM.

Rain cancels, looking like a 50-50 chance. I will put out a cancellation notice at 1-2 pm tommorrow.

Happy Trails!

Sabrina