Winter comes to Mt. Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not just Washington, either. Cannon is reporting some of the same via their facebook page.

So, I'd safely assume all the 4000 footers got some white on them. Whether it be rime or actual snow.

LIKE. :)

Last edited:
Not just Washington, either. Cannon is reporting some of the same via their facebook page.

So, I'd safely assume all the 4000 footers got some white on them. Whether it be rime or actual snow.

LIKE. :)

This is truly awesome news. This was the last post I say before leaving to go to work I step out side and what was waiting on my porch
313996_1996515918314_1405955038_31742543_62477872_n.jpg

The clouds lifted this afternoon and we could see the Presidential Range …*white-capped!!! It's almost certainly rime, we saw some on Jackson today, but there were also flurries in the air!

While doing some errands today, I got a few roadside snapshots (zoomed) of "white-stuff" on the higher peaks (Franconia Range, North Twin, Eisenhower).

P1080607.JPG

P1080613.JPG

P1080615.JPG

Last edited:
Its mostly ice and a little snow. Just got back from Eisenhower. The ground was still warm, but you could find ice in the trees down to about 3500'. Above treeline it was a mix of sleet, some flurries, and rime. High winds, but good time. Views were socked in till 2 or 3.

Washington should keep some white through the weekend, as it gradually warms up a bit more each day.

I was on the Hancocks friday, and I thought the wind was blowing debris off the trees onto me. Turned out it was little white flecks of really cold debris. There was a tiny dusting of snow on South Hancock. Not as much on North. Hooray for winter! Now I just need to find all of my warm clothing...

Saturday Hike to North and South Twin

Real snow on a mushroom on North Twin Trail Saturday. Lots of rime ice melting off the trees as well.