Winter Record Attempt 12/22 - 12/31

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mats, I salute you for having the courage to even begin this task with the preceding record snowfall. :eek:

It's nice to see how much of the VFTT community have embraced the concept of a winter record attempt and really supported you along the way.

Next time!

Stinkyfeet

(And thanks again for the Christmas package!) ;)

Mats....your almost finished your winter 48's.

What's next???

I to must salute you on an outstanding venture!!!!

Just remember the mountains will always be there for you.

Hope your feeling better now. See you soon!!!! :)

Great effort Mats! But I think you let Jen down. She was really looking forward to Owl's Head Monday morning ;)
Personally I would've liked to sit by the fire and watch the snow fall, but Giggy made me go out.
He is an evil force who must be stopped :eek:

I like the excitement you created by bringing folks together. Can't wait for your next adventure.

Mats Roing said:
If the motivation was there the next morning together with a healthy body I probably would have gone for the third place on the list, but both of those elements were missing Monday morning. Also.....it was kind of nice to sit in front of the fireplace with a thermos of tea watching the snow falling outside... ;)

So, is my "soft" 35-day effort in 2003-04 going to keep me in fifth place (heh, heh)? Mats, you still have 21 days to complete those last seven peaks! :)

I think that if Mats had gone for Isolation first thing the day after Marchowes and I packed it out (instead of Cannon, the Willey Range, and Carrigain), he might have had a shot at the record. It is amazing what adrenalin can allow one to do with the end in sight, although I think that an Owls Head - Bonds -Zealand - Hale winter traverse will be a watershed event if it ever happens.

Thanks for providing much excitement and fun, Mats!

I think Drewski did it in 34 days over the 06/07 winter.

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
So, is my "soft" 35-day effort in 2003-04 going to keep me in fifth place (heh, heh)? Mats, you still have 21 days to complete those last seven peaks! :)

I think that if Mats had gone for Isolation first thing the day after Marchowes and I packed it out (instead of Cannon, the Willey Range, and Carrigain), he might have had a shot at the record. It is amazing what adrenalin can allow one to do with the end in sight, although I think that an Owls Head - Bonds -Zealand - Hale winter traverse will be a watershed event if it ever happens.

Thanks for providing much excitement and fun, Mats!