Winter start / end: '11-'12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperhill

Reaction score
From the Farmer's Almanac:

WINTER SOLSTICE December 22, 2011 12:30 A.M. EST
SPRING EQUINOX March 20, 2012 1:14 A.M. EDT

Who's hiking Thursday :)?

media

From the Farmer's Almanac:

WINTER SOLSTICE December 22, 2011 12:30 A.M. EST
SPRING EQUINOX March 20, 2012 1:14 A.M. EDT
I guess the 22nd is a gift that the 20th steals back! :D

Just for completeness, in NY, 'Winter hiking season' is always December 21st - March 21st, inclusive, regardless of what the almanac says. So this year, we get 3 extra days of Winter.

Ahhhhhh, just got cornered into family obligations on the 22nd!!! Guess the first Winter hike for me this season will be on the 23rd!

winter start

Phelps on the 22nd will be my kick-off for completing a quest I couldn't begin until three years ago, which was to do a round of the W46 after age 70. The first was Allen on 12/16/10. Since then I did forty more, about a dozen by myself, but mostly with the best hiking companions I could have wished for, too many to name here but whose names would be familiar to all who read this. After Phelps, my plan is to do S&N on the 28th, W'face on New Years Eve, and top it off with A&I on my birthday, Jan 6.

Phelps on the 22nd will be my kick-off for completing a quest I couldn't begin until three years ago, which was to do a round of the W46 after age 70. The first was Allen on 12/16/10. Since then I did forty more, about a dozen by myself, but mostly with the best hiking companions I could have wished for, too many to name here but whose names would be familiar to all who read this. After Phelps, my plan is to do S&N on the 28th, W'face on New Years Eve, and top it off with A&I on my birthday, Jan 6.

Pete, I know several people who hope to challenge the record in a few years, but for now you're the undisputed holder! Keep it up!!! :)