Wkend ADK Camp'g Lake Colden; Peaks Iroquois/Marshall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HikerAmiga

Reaction score
This is an invite on behalf of "Bob" who currently doesn't have Internet access and can't post:

Basically, he intends to head out to the ADK's this Friday night (9/14) and car camp but the next day, Saturday he'll be camping at Lake Colden and peakbagging Iroquois and Marshall over the weekend.

He wonders if anyone would like to join him? I am undecided at this point but if available, may also go.

So, if you are interested or have additional questions before deciding, please PM me and I'll get you in touch with Bob, (the planner of this event). :)

bubba said:
HA - Is he planning on hitting Iroquois and dropping down and over to Marshall?

It sounds like he is making a weekend out of the two, so i would presume an up and down. But why would that be a problem? I have climbed up Iroquois from Cold Brook Pass a bunch of times and I did it in a average time of about 38 minutes the last three times. It took me quite a bit longer on non direct route finding trips.

ColdRiverRun said:
It sounds like he is making a weekend out of the two, so i would presume an up and down. But why would that be a problem? I have climbed up Iroquois from Cold Brook Pass a bunch of times and I did it in a average time of about 38 minutes the last three times. It took me quite a bit longer on non direct route finding trips.

Yeah, I just pm'd Hiker Amiga with the same question. It would be fun to go that way and get that Shepherd's Tooth patch. :D

ColdRiverRun said:
But why would that be a problem?
I don't beleive I ever indicated that it was a problem. See una_dogger's response above. (Great minds think alike!)

Actually, I was concerned with the logistics of meeting up as I would be coming in from the Loj on either day.

Just talked with Bob over the phone and relayed to him some of the above comments...to these he responded:

1. He has the Garcia bear vault (Yes!!) so he's all set... but thanks for the warning, nonetheless.

2. He wasn't considering a bushwhack--only a peak a day, however, he says if someone can post details on the whack, then he's probably game.

Again, if someone seriously wants to hook up with Bob, please PM me and I'll give you his # so you can call him. (No heavy breathers, please!! :p )

Last edited:
I'm interested in getting an HA* for myself.

* Hiking Assistant

Last edited:
I'm up for it, but I'm thinking that logistics won't work out. una_dogger is already out with a full schedule. BoB is going to have to weather it solo. I loved the Avalanche Trail up to Boundary/Iroquois, and Marshall is nothing short of a sweet hike in the woods (better he does this on the drier of the days).

Bubba or anyone else that may know... Bob just called me and said he read that one needs a permit to camp on Lake Colden. Is this true? If so, how does one get the permit?