Timmus 48s aka Moosilauke Cocktail Party

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motabobo

Reaction score
Ok, so I was asked to write this one since the lady wanted to hear the story from the other people's point of view. So feel free to add anything you like as I tried to keep this one short ! First things first: I know some of you just want to see the damn pictures so scroll down you “$!$%!. You should have been there in person :eek: :p Trust me, it's always better in person :D.

It all started when we hiked Carr Saturday evening for our friend Karl NH100 finish (congrats !). We already had a good party going Saturday night/Sunday early morning when we were joined by Mats Roing with a nice Heineken mini-keg :cool:. So we shared the beer, rain & campfire for a while before going to sleep.

Sunday, later in the morning, we met Jason Berard so Timmus could finally have back her hiking poles that she had forgotten on her "Kill Kenny" traverse earlier this year (thanks Jason). Then we were off to the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge. Here we were at the end of an impressive line of cars at the parking lot on a cold morning. Timmus was stressed that nobody would show up so I joked that all those cars were there for her and that they were already on their way. We were soon greeted there by MEB, Cath (who brought a nice flower) and David Metsky. We still hadn't have breakfast yet so we ate quickly while getting ready. We were then joined by Danny, Karl & Barry, just in time to set off !

So we hiked leisurely using the Snapper Ski Trail then connecting to the Carriage Road. We had a whole lot of fun going up and were soon joined by Johnny and his wonderful dog Katahdin. This really felt like a fun guided tour with David telling facts and history about the area as we went up. We even "bushwhacked" to the Wadchu Shelter, the old warming hut at the top of the Hell's Highway ski trail :cool:. You guessed it, we also went to South Moosilauke and this is why we were we a bit late (sorry everyone…). Hazy at first but it then cleared up, obviously because we had reached the summit ! We had a quick snack and a quick look at Moosilauke's impressive summit. David gave Timmus a beautiful flower lei which she wore for the remaining of Moosilauke's ascent. Just before reaching treeline, we saw that both MEB and Cath were already dressed like bride's maid ! Timmus then gladly put on her cocktail dress and they went on for the summit. This is where the real fun began :D ! For the curious out there, Timmus DID brought her make-up case !

Again, we met some more friends on the summit; Skimom, already dressed for the occasion with her children and Meo and his girlfiend Colibri (who were already waiting since an hour !! thanks for waiting guys). From there, lots of congratulations, cheers, laughs and…pictures, who would have thought :rolleyes:? We first took a group picture of the chicks. I swore we could have made a VFTT calendar :eek:. Skimom had taken care of the cocktail part bringing a Barefoot Bubbly bottle, the Champagne that tickles your toes ! After the F-1 like bottle opening, we all shared some of it and even opened a second bottle which Timmus had brought. We even had our own waitress with Skimom's daughter Emilie serving. We also took funny pictures with those funny glasses with a fake nose and moustache. Another highlight was Timmus "thanks speech" to everybody. Finally, we made some more pictures for the VFTT calendar.

Now that we have a Miss September, which is my birthday's month, we have to agree on what other five months are already taken for the calendar (you know who you are so speak up) ! Spots are filling up quickly folks as we only have 6 more months available for 2008 ! I applied but was somewhat dismissed :mad:

Some more congratulations, cheers, laughs and pictures. In all we stayed a bit more than an hour on the summit, carefully hidding behind some rocks so we didn't freeze to death. We then put our regular hiking clothes back on and went down, not particularly happy that this was already over. Over ? nah, we took the time to share a last beer on the trail with David and Skimom. Back at the parking lot, David also gave Timmus her 48s gift which was a nice potery he had made himself. We finished the event by eating those HUGE burgers they serve at Woodstock station (which are delicious but everyone already knows that).

What a day for the legs, stomach and…for the eyes ! I think everyone that was there will agree that we had a blast !

I would like to thank everyone, obviously for the gifts, but also for just being there in person or in spirit as it all contributed to make this a really special day. You could easily tell by looking at Timmus smile ;).

Well done Julie, now on to the 115 ! and maybe more...

Last edited:
Way to finish in style Julie! :D :cool:

I wish I could have come. I had the perfect get up! :eek:

2951003690099656796S600x600Q85.jpg

(I was at my twins 5th B-day party)

Congrats Julie for the NH48. Yesterday at 1:00 pm I was on Mt Ellen
summit witht he kids, we where abble to see the Moosilauke but
my don't seen anyone of you guy's. You seem to had lots of fun. :)

I think this should be on the welcome screen for VFTT! :eek: :D

Edit: Follow ski mom's link above and then click 'full album' then see 'julie on the rocks'.

Last edited:
Tom Rankin said:
I think this should be on the welcome screen for VFTT! :eek: :D
It says, "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /462/3/82/81/2877382810059211128BBTDuT_fs.jpg on this server."

That would mislead most people, Tom.

-Dr. Wu

First of all, thanks to Jean-Sébastien who wrote the TR for me, I just didn't know how I could tell about this event without talking too much about myself, and really, this is whole thing wasn't about me, it happened because of friendship that have been built during this 48 mountains quest. I am so sorry some of the VIP's couldn't be there, like Frodo, Arm, Jeff, SueBiscuit and Dr Wu. I missed you guys :(

Now for the ones who came, this was AWESOME !! The Keds team made the entire weekend a huge party ! Johnny and Katahdin the dog, thanks for being so nice :) Meo and Julie I'm sorry you had to wait for so long.

David Metsky, it was nice to meet you, and thanks for the gift, it's beautiful ! MEB, you were so pretty with that green bride's maid dress, you should always hike like this !

Cath, it was an honour to meet you, thanks for the gifts, and you always been an inspiration, I wanted to talk more with you, about hiking solo in winter and stuff like that, but I was overwhelmed and too nervous to do it !

Dani, OOHHHH Daniiiiii !!!! You are the best ! Champagne and glasses, cracker and cheese, the dress, and, most of all THE SHOES. Let me explain : I never really been into fancy shoes, never owned a pair. But on Moose that day I finally got it... When a woman puts high heels on, she automatically gets a boost of feminity. That's why the pics came out this way. So thanks !
And thank you to Emilie and Sean, they were so nice !

Jason, thank you again. With the summer of hiking I just spent, my knees will need hiking poles !

And thanks to my favorite scandinavian... Your little surprise made my day perfect !

Man, that sounds/looks like an awesome time!! You guys really make this hiking business seem very glamorous :D
Congrats Julie :)

Hey Timmus, maybe there will be a makeup hike for those who missed you on Sunday? Congratulations for the 48 and finishing in great style!!! And hoping to hike with you and your friends soon! You guys are fun to hang out with!

Mats

Looks like I missed meeting the bigger group but I didn't bring a dress either. What a nice day it was. :)