Lamest call for rescue ever

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good one. Too much rain here in northern New England for me. After a week of sailing in the fog, I've called for a rescue and am being picked up and flown to Oregon this afternoon. :rolleyes:

It has been a little toasty up there. Maybe will get some Northerners coming down to the North East to escape the heat soon. I wonder if a native Alaskan has ever called for a rescue because it was to cold on their Florida vacation?:eek:

Probably hard to sleep with all that sun pouring into the tent at night. :confused:

When we went to the C. Rockies, sunset was at some ungodly late hour, (like 11:00pm IIRC), and we had to force ourselves to stop for the night in the late afternoon, even though there were several hours of daylight left. :cool:

Most likely a couple of YUPPIES; since that is probably the case then I'm sure they can well afford to reimburse the State of Alaska for this "rescue". What a waste of time and resources.

I'm hiking this weekend and will probably be a bit tired after a few miles. Planning to call ahead to SAR today and ask them to meet me on the summit. :D

You know, there's those shows "This happened to me" or "I shouldn't be Alive"...There should be one for bone-heads like this "Too stupid to be allowed out" or "Too rich and hung-over to tough it out". There are lessons to be learned here, people.

Here's another story about a guy that needed to be rescued. SAR indicates the rescue could cost $60,000 but would probably be chalked up to training.

Last edited:
Wouldn't happen to me, I'm an inside camper, I'll only camp in my living room. :p

Jay

I'm laughing, because when we spent a week in the Brooks Range two years ago in early August prepared for 7 days of cold rain, wind, maybe snow, bears, swarms of mosquitos and black flies, etc.

Instead, we got 7 days of big sun, temps in the 70's, and no bugs or wildlife. We were completely unprepared for the weather we got.

I could eliminate 95% of rescues right off the top. Ban cell phones in the backcountry. That would also eliminate the need for people to call someone from the summit to say " honey I made it" I mean unless your on Everest, stop trying to impress people with your mountain conquest. Everytime I see cell phone in use in the backcountry I want to throw my fixed blade right at them.:mad:

It was only a matter of time before someone use a PLB like this. :mad:

These 2 boneheads from DC can easily afford to reimburse the Staties, USCG and whoever else may have been alerted to rescue them.

Hopefully they are forced reimburse the state for this and that the reimbursement is enforced!