NH48 Winter Record Attempt 1/16/10 -

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! Great job all of you and the support team. Looking forward to all the pictures!! Jason you are going to do a trip report for every day right?;)

I guess this is a pretty good. Could be better, though.

HAHA!

Just kidding!! Gentleman, this is an awesome accomplishment. I'm sure that I don't know all the mental, physical, emotional, and mental again challenges that went into the last 7-8 days. It's pretty mind-boggling, that's for sure!! I've greatly enjoyed reading the updates from this trip, and you've done an excellent job keeping the energy going for the last week and a half. Congratulations on this trip, and I wish you many happy hiking days in the future!

It was great to catch up to you folks at Ferncroft and witness history being made! I had timed my summit on Passaconaway to coincide with the time Mats had estimated you might be there because I was running late. From around 7:30 to 7:45 I could hear fireworks some where and thought I must have somehow missed the finish!;) I was glad to make it down to the TH in time to see the finale!

The hiking community is so full of high achievers and inspirational people! My only regret lately is that I spent too many years away from hiking and missed some great comradery and friendly competition. Its a good day to celebrate the accomplishments of Ryan and Jason but also hats off to the folks that have been part of this fun in the past. On the way out I was following Northern Lite snowshoe tracks and thought I had a close brush with a previous competitor!;)

On Rollins at about six I inherited a left glove that is too small for me. The previous hiker was barebooting to Passaconaway.

Last edited:
Since I thought the time by Frodo and Stinkyfeet was amazing I'll have to say this one is even more so

One can imagine an even shorter time with a CaveDog-style expedition where each trail is broken out a few hours ahead by a support crew, all food and gear is prepositioned, and the runners are willing to run till they drop and count on their team to rescue them - CaveDog twice on Long Trail - but I'm not sure I want to see anybody try

A huge congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment. You guys are an inspiration. :)

Great job Ryan, Jason , and Mats and all the support crew! A phenomenal accomplishment!

I will never eat pork chops or watch a Will Ferrel movie again without thinking about this event....:D

Petch

Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment. What's next? ADK 46 speed record? NE 770 speed record??? :eek:

I cannot think of a new way to say it, so congratulations, and well-done. Sounds like you found a remarkable blend of teamwork and personal achievement.

Huge congrats on the team effort displayed here.

I always thought that given a good week and a half of weather and snowpack that the 10 days, though an impressive feat, was doable at some point for someone. 7.5 days...this will likely stand for some time. Just unbelievable!