4th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
I can't believe it's almost that time again. I know it's only April but that's only four months away. I've had a few requests on when to have the gathering this year, but my only open weekend is 8/18-8/20. So rain or shine that's the dates. My first year I had 20 people show up, 2nd year 40, last year we had around 70 people stopping buy, and camping out-this year who knows?? The forums are getting big with a ton of new members we could cap 100 easy, lets do it.

Here some specifics, but I will be adding a few things throughout the next few months, so keep checking back for updates.

August 17 thru 20

August 17th-Hike-Order out for pizza, wings for dinner, bonfire, beer, etc... The gathering doesn't really start till friday but I open up everthing for people on thursday. Some people have a long drive this won't take away from their weekend.

August 18th-Hike-Everyone gets together for dinner out. I will have reservations for Crickets again this year. They alway treat us great there and the foods really good. Reservation for 7pm.
Directions: Get off exit 35 in Peru. Head West into Peru. Crickets will be about a mile down on the left. It sets back off the road a few hundred feet-but the sign is right on the road side.

August 19th-Hike-We feast. It's a potluck dinner as always. It's also a beer swap event for those who have never joined in before. Bring a local brew from your area for other to try and try one from another area. I will be cooking another huge piece of beef. A steamship just like last year.

August 20th-Last day. We usually get together for breakfast at the Noonmark diner. But not everyone-most head out early for a hike.

I will have two porta pottys again this year, as well as a huge tent for cover, just in case. The pool will be open for all to use, so bring a bathing suit.

Directions to my place

Get off exit 32 and head East toward Willsboro and Essex. Go about 1 mile, there is a sharp turn in the road (CR 12), I am the first house on the left after that turn. Tan and Green ranch.

Just before my house on the left is a small dirt drive that I will have marked with flags. Follow the markers and park whereever you like. This drive takes you behind my house and backyard. It's a little tight to turn around so park off the drive. The drive makes a large U to it's pretty easy to drive around and through.

Well that's it for know. I'm sure I think of more stuff later.

As I did last year, I'd be happy to collect donations to help defray costs for the Gathering. PM me for contact information if you'd like to contribute.

Alan

I, along with funkyfreddy should be making the trek up this year, barring anything coming up closer. We'll be happy to contribute to the potty fund, etc. We need to get all the ADK musicians together for another rousing rendition of our favorite religious hymn. ;)

Jay

It's on my calendar... and on those of a few other's, I'm guessing!! Anybody have anything special planned?? I believe TeeJay is finishing his 46th on Phelps... I'm still "saving" my 46th on Marshall... ??? :p

Hmmmmm, I cut my hiking teeth in the Adirondacks and I haven't been there since '96. I have very fond memories of the Westport-Elizabethtown area. I really need to find some time to do this. Do you accept dogs (two much beloved Labrador retrievers)?

(Sorry about the odd metaphor, but I am a dentist.)

Last edited:
ADK barbque and gathering? Y'know, that rings a bell somewhere. It's very foggy but through my brain haze I see a naked man jump into a pool and a huge fire. I see a bear being roasted on a spit. I also hear music, it's very late at night and I'm supposed to be going hiking.....ahh darnit. It's gone.

Does this event take place in Connecticut? Does CT have a HH list?

I think I'll be there. Mrs. Neil too.

Sounds like a grand time. I'm 90% for sure at this point. I miss the Dacks and was looking for a good reason to go and now I have it. :D

From Mrs Peak_bgr

FROM MRS PEAK_BGR

Sherpa!!!!! You better get your *ss here. It is okay if you can't hike or drink. You are welcome to keep me company! (Glad to hear you are recovering we were deeply concerned.)

Paradox- You as well as your dogs are welcome. Our dog Sunny is very receptive to "friends". There will be several different hikes planned. So, feel free to join in with any group. My husband is planning a bushwhack and he wants you to know you're welcome to join.

As for the dental bit. I have worked in dentistry for 13 years. Are you looking to move to the area I am looking for an associate in my Plattsburgh office. If not- OKAY and it will be great meeting you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. Also looking forward to meeting new attendees. Last year we had 70 and we are looking to break 100 this year. SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spread the word and bring your family and friends.