4th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always a musical portion of the BBQ, at least there was last year (my 1st BBQ to attend). It is customary to arrive after midnight on the saturday and eat leftovers and then join in the next 4 hours singing and watching drunk people try to sing religious hymms then. Last year, a bunch of us stayed up til like 4am singing and drinking (not me, I try not to drink so I watch others drinking).. Sir Edmund, HarryK, MCorsar, Funkyfreddy, SherpaK... I think Prino and Spongebob were up for a little bit too...

Anyway, this is after the official BBQ jam with Pete Hickey and Neil.... I missed all of Pete's folk songs but got to hear Neil and his wicked flute. Next time, I want to hear some Ian Anderson one-legged flute playing ;)

Jay

peak_bgr said:
FROM MRS PEAK_BGR
(A) As for the dental bit. I have worked in dentistry for 13 years. Are you looking to move to the area I am looking for an associate in my Plattsburgh office. If not- OKAY and it will be great meeting you.

(B) Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. Also looking forward to meeting new attendees. Last year we had 70 and we are looking to break 100 this year. SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spread the word and bring your family and friends.
(A) I can't wait to hear the response to this!!!!

(B) As usual, you people are out of your minds!!

Maddi, let me know if you want something special...

It may be fitting to add infor about the tradition of bringing some "LOCAL" (preferably small brewery) beer for the community (ice) chest. That's a highlight and it keep Spence in beer for the winter!! :D

bubba said:
(B) As usual, you people are out of your minds!!

It may be fitting to add infor about the tradition of bringing some "LOCAL" (preferably small brewery) beer for the community (ice) chest. That's a highlight and it keep Spence in beer for the winter!! :D

I second both of those comments. But it's a great to be alittle loco.

Spence and Maddie,

Hope to be there late Sat night....maybe I'll catch the midnight - 4 am show with Jay!....I should be arriving with Jordan and Taylor after a 4 day trip to Baxter...And to think that only 3 years ago the EMS guy was calling you to tell me what I was getting into! :eek:

Arm...Hot F ing Tuna!...I had a painted jacket of America's Choice for many years but someone ripped it off from me....been along time since I saw them play for 6 plus hours in 76 or 77...Serpent of dreams, Funky # 7 (?)...I loved electric tuna but got bored with Acustic Jorma..

Paradox....it would be great to have a dentist at the gathering...I busted a crown in March with Rockysummit at Marcy Dam do you take UFT insurance?

Have a great summer everyone!

ADK gathering??????????? Guess where I will be......Hawaii......again. :D Seriously.

One of these years I will make it there. I swear. Please, no more finger pictures, I'm getting tired of them. :p

- darren

Okay, no more finger pictures... let's see... I know, a picture to find out who has tattoo's on their butt...

Yeah, way more fun!! :p :p back at ya!!

Then again... there is a tradition at hand here...

4th Annual ADK Summer Gathering 8/17-20th

Just a reminder that the ADK Summer Gathering is coming up next month. Those planning to attend might want to chime back in so we know how many to expect. If we can get TeeJay motivated :eek: to get his other hikes completed, a 46R finish could happen that weekend.

Peakbagr said:
Just a reminder that the ADK Summer Gathering is coming up next month. Those planning to attend might want to chime back in so we know how many to expect. If we can get TeeJay motivated :eek: to get his other hikes completed, a 46R finish could happen that weekend.

Edelweiss and I will be there!

I should be there, perhaps some paddling (the kayaking kind) might be going on afterwards on Lake Champlain...

I'm getting sick of hiking..

Ahh just kidding. ;)

Jay

any idea on what peaks everyone is doing? I am up there for the 16th-20th and plan on hiking thurs and saturday of that week. want to climb haystack one day and colvin & blake the other. want to climb haystack on the better weather day so I wont know what day until wed night.

I was thinking Dial and Nippletop via Gravestone Brook. Maybe a jaunt up Henderson for those 100 highest junkies.

and i thought you were going to do your sawtooth traverse. starting with#4 over to #2 and #1, then down to #5 then # 3 then out to Tahawus.
sounds like that will be fun!!!

The ultimate 5 in a day hike would start and finish at Averyville. I really wonder though....if somehow it was possible to combine a supportive crust of snow and long days...

MichaelJ will be there, as will Una_Dogger. Maybe I can finish processing last year's photos before this year's BBQ?

Should I try to bring another bushel of corn this year, or was it way too much?

timmus said:
I will be finishing my ADK46 that saturday on Big Slide. I'm planning a very early departure, so I can celebrate on top while the sun is rising. Of course, this will be postpone in case of rain.

I want EVERYONE with me up there :rolleyes:

Seriously, everyone is welcome, especially the people I hiked with during my 46r quest.

Sunrise is 6-09am that day Timmus.... now let's see, I'd say Big Slide will take about 3 hrs to hike up with a large group, It's about 45 minutes from Spence's place to the Garden plus 15 minutes for a "quick breakfast". The Friday night fire and drinking usually goes on until around 2am. That gives us all 10 minutes of sleep to recuperate....
THIS is what I call adventure!

If I can walk I'll definitely be there. If not we'll need a bigger group to help carry me and Sherpa to the top to help you celebrate.
:eek:

prino said:
Sunrise is 6-09am that day Timmus.... now let's see, I'd say Big Slide will take about 3 hrs to hike up with a large group, It's about 45 minutes from Spence's place to the Garden plus 15 minutes for a "quick breakfast". The Friday night fire and drinking usually goes on until around 2am. That gives us all 10 minutes of sleep to recuperate....
THIS is what I call adventure!
Phil, would you be interested in bushwhacking to the top of Big Slide for sunrise? I figure we just have stagger up the mountain instead of into our tents after the fire and jam session.
I can here it now, "Phil, you wouldn't happen to have an extra headlamp would you, old boy?" or, "Yeah, of course I brought my gps, got any batteries?"

Neil said:
Phil, would you be interested in bushwhacking to the top of Big Slide for sunrise? I figure we just have stagger up the mountain instead of into our tents after the fire and jam session.
I can here it now, "Phil, you wouldn't happen to have an extra headlamp would you, old boy?" or, "Yeah, of course I brought my gps, got any batteries?"

Looks as though we'll only need the GPS to find our way back to the tents from the campfire as Julie has moved the date to the week before.
I'm on for bushwacking anything as soon as my damn foot heals up. I popped a nerve in it playing soccer and it's taking a toll on my hiking career.