4K-FTR license plate

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
On my way to work this am, I saw a car with the NH license plate 4K-FTR. Very cool! Does it belong to anyone here? Wish I had thought of that for my license plate.... Anyone ever see any other license plates related to hiking?

Al48pks

Roxi said:
.... Anyone ever see any other license plates related to hiking?

At the Bangor Road dead end in Gorham - northern terminus of the Carter-Moriah Trail - on the cold and drizzly morning of May 22, 2004, the only vehicle besides mine was a blue GM pick-up with the NH plate AL48PKS. It was one of those "hard-core or foolish only" hiking days, and the only other hikers I encountered were a family group - the dad was a wiry guy with a mustache, wearing a baseball cap. They had a young boy and girl along who seemed to be enduring the mid-40s wetness quite well. They were returning as I approached the summit of Mt. Surprise, and since the pick-up was gone when I finished I assume it was theirs.

I saw "MT6288" in a hikers lot the other day. It made me smile.

Roxi said:
.... Anyone ever see any other license plates related to hiking?
John Lacroix has a plate that reads "HIKE4KS". You can see it in his film "48".

Funny that this thread was started by Roxi. The only time I had a vanity plate it read "ROXY". That was for my favorite band Roxy Music.

I saw one Saturday in the Davis Path parking lot, but I can't remember what it was exactly. something very similar. I seem to see a few different ones at the gas station on Webster Street in Manchester a lot, too. Am I the only person in NH without a vanity plate?

Next time you read a post by Peakbagr, look at his avatar, which is a picture of his license plate.

New York plates take a form that includes three letters and then some numbers -- doing the letters sequentially (in some way). A couple of years ago they played through the AD's and came to ADK. I kept thinking I was seeing 46's like ADK-2546. I hate seeing the ADK as unmeaningful in this way.

On topic, vanity plate I've seen: AlG's from this site it MTN-HKR and I caught him on the thruway figuring it was him after seeing the plate (right place/right time). The owner of a climbing/hiking store in Keene Valley called the Mountaineer is MTN-EER

I've seen more, but memory isn't serving me well...

Pucknuts61 said:
Saw an Escalade the other day on 128 in MA....Mass plate said "SHERPA"

Since it's an Escalade, I'd be willing to wager that SHERPA is a misguided attempt to be funny/cute/witty, referring to its <read with announcer voice> "immense cargo space and awesome power."

DISCLAIMER: This post was in no way meant to offend Escalades, their drivers, passengers or any actual Sherpas found therein. Furthermore, we would request that you don't run this poster over as he drives along in his Civic Hybrid with a Maine conservation license plate that reads GRNLA. Thank you.

;)

trailbiscuit said:
Since it's an Escalade, I'd be willing to wager that SHERPA is a misguided attempt to be funny/cute/witty, referring to its <read with announcer voice> "immense cargo space and awesome power."

It could just be owned by someone in the insurance business, a female RPA (Registered Professional Adjuster)... ;)

Anyone seen our NH plate: IHIKE2

Liza- I see your plate often during my lunchtime walk. I wondered who that belonged too. Isn't there another plate in your area that says MT-TOP or something similar?

michelle,
nice plate but my mind must be in a weird place, my first thought was that you where expounding on another preference :eek:

sierra - guess it's not as bad as a plate I had a few years back......

4K+HKR (I had lots of $4k hooker comments on that one!)

Reactions: arm