4th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timmus said:
Tom, vote now :

1. Maudite (Unibroue)

2. Coup de grisou (Cheval Blanc)

We have a new beer on the shelves in Mtl, called «Gros Cochon» (Fat pig)...
And I'm under the impression that it is originally from Utica, NY.

Tom, can you tell me more about it ?

'2'. :D

No, never heard of it. I'll check and see if it is available at the beer store near by, which stocks over 1,000 beers!!! :eek: :D

Will there be beer at this gathering?

bubba said:
Darren (Aloooooo-ha)

One of these years I will make it to the BBQ....

If anyone is out in Hawaii this weekend, I'll be grilling some mahi mahi so swing on by. :)

Have fun!!!!

- darren

I am looking for one or two partners to do Whiteface on Saturday from the Ski Hill Slide #1 and then descend the Lake Placid Slide.
HERE is one link and HEREis another.

We'll need to spot a vehicle.

Neil said:
I am looking for one or two partners to do Whiteface on Saturday from the Ski Hill Slide #1 and then descend the Lake Placid Slide.
HERE is one link and HEREis another.

We'll need to spot a vehicle.
Wow, that's tempting! Is this considered a bushwhack?! :D

What's the mileage?

Tom Rankin said:
Wow, that's tempting! Is this considered a bushwhack?! :D
I don't do bushwhacks.
Tom Rankin said:
What's the mileage?
7.5 Topo! miles. 3600 feet elev. gain. [/QUOTE]

I plan to bring an entire bushel of corn again from a local farm, so we're definitely covered there.

However, and I totally dropped the ball on this ... I don't have a way to cook it! Last year we roasted it over an open fire but we won't have that grill available this year.

Anyone have a super-enormous pot and a cookstove to match? I've got nothing that can do more than a few ears at a time...

Tom Rankin said:
Ok, Laurie and I would like to join you. What time, and where to meet?
Great! I PM'd you.

I cannot make it to this event, unfortunately. I have personal matters to deal with on sunday which makes the logistics too hectic. Plus, my lack of sleep isn't helping... :(

I'll miss showing up at midnight and watching the jam band though.... You guys better do a better rendition of Kumbaya this time :)

Jay

Cooking Corn 101

Hey MichaelJ,

Too late, I'm bringing a bushel of corn as well!

I beleive there are approximatly (4) dozen ears in a bushel. So, ~100 people/(2) bushels = ~(1) ear apiece.

Spence,

Could we remove a small section of sod in the field, cook the corn over charcoal, and then replace the sod when the charcoal has cooled?

Either that or a big grille or a big pot!

I'll bring a shovel and a bag of charcoal just in case.

One other thing, how far are you from the Boquet River? I was thinking brook trout would be a nice addition to the menu. What do you think?

Ken :D

Directions

Hey Spence,

I was checking out the directions you had given in your first thread with Mapquest and it appears to be about 4 1/2 miles from the N'way to the sharp turn. Is that right or is it one mile? I'd hate to drive all the way up there and not find it!

I answered my own question about the Bouquet, and it ain't too awful far!

Let's see, ~100 people/(5) trout per license = (20) fishermen! Yeah boys! :D

See Ya,
Ken

KenG said:
Hey Spence,

I was checking out the directions you had given in your first thread with Mapquest and it appears to be about 4 1/2 miles from the N'way to the sharp turn. Is that right or is it one mile? I'd hate to drive all the way up there and not find it!
Ken, it's about 1 minute from the Northway to Spence's.

I will not be at the gathering. I did not get my car back until noon today and I just was not up to an 8 hour drive. happy hiking and partying. Sorry Spence and Brian, no peanut butter cookies this year. May be this winter....

Well, in spite of having posted about the bushel o' corn weeks ago...
We don't need 96 ears of corn. I picked up a bunch of fresh veggies and will do a live sauté with garlic. Yes, MichaelJ making vegetables. I know it seems wrong...
:)

Leaving Rutland in just a few minutes; we'll see folks at Crickets!

MichaelJ and I just arrived in Rutland, and guess what!!!! The sun is shining!!!

Thanks, Spence and Matty for a GREAT time! You have a wonderful home -- thank you for opening it to us all!

Too many names to list and undoubtedly I'll miss a few so I will not try -- but it was super to hang out with you all this weekend.

Sabrina