4th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could have been there,....I got back this morning from our Baxter trip (son and daughter)...1100 miles round trip....now it's off to NJ and the seashore at Wildwood for 5 days!...will post the Baxter trip next week...it was awesome!

Wow, killer time partying and hiking. Thanks you to all who make this a success each year. Thank you for the food, the fun, the friendship and the disposable shot glasses. :eek: Looking forward to next year already.

Maddi and Spencer,

Barb and I had a great time. Sorry we couldn't stay really late, but with the previous week at camp, a full car and dog, and the need to get home and unpack, wasn't in the cards.
Also, thanks for the one "for the road".

Alan

Man, what a blast! Fun like that dosn't happen by mistake. What an organization!

The rain, the roof, the amazing fire whose twisting flame licked the sky, Unfrozencaveman, KenG, 4 guitars and the one and only Pete Hickey, astoundingly good food, many, many beers and shooters into the wee hours of the morning...an excellent gang of very good people. These elements all came together at an intersection of space and time. The planet hurtled blindly through space and on it we rode, wildly through the night, guided by nothing.

And then,

it was Sunday morning.

Thanks Spence, Maddy, Brian, Brian's parents and all those fellow Earth riders who made this event.

I wish I was good with words, but I'n not. At least I'm not good enough to expres my thanks to Spence and Maddi: They provided the base for a large group of people to have a very good time, become better frineds, meet new friends, etc. People who do things like this are really special.

Thanks.

Fortunately, I was able to work out a deal with my son so that I didn't have to go home by bicycle, which was nice, because it was raining the whole trip home. I packed my car full to the ceiling with his stuff. When I got to the border, the customs guy said to me,

"How many people in that car?"

"Just me."

Forever Wild? Hell's yea! Wow!! I think that "RIPPIN IT UP" is an appropriate term for what went down in the ADK's this weekend. No such thing as too much fun so I'll say that it was "just right"!

Went there only knowing 1, left there knowing many, super good meeting you all.

Spence thanks for everything.....even that shot of esophagus burner (a.k.a. 151)!!! I am forever in debt to Maddi for breakfast saturday morning, and as for Emily....well what can I say? She is priceless, I had a blast hanging out with her.

How could I forget???

I forgot to thank Emily. She is such a charming hostess. She added so much to the festivities.

Oh yeah... UnforzenCaveman. Sunday morning, before you were up, Emily came to me and said,

"Do you know where that guy is?"

"What guy?"

"You know......"

"Oh him. He's still asleep."

I knew she was asking for you. I asked here if she wanted you to throw her in the pool, but she just gave me a face.

Also... Kim. Send me a PM. I don't know who you are.

1st one we missed in several years. Bummer. Sounds like you all had a good time. We were thinking about you. Actually, we were on Ranier (sightseeing) most of the day and trying to figure your route out . :)

Anyhow, back in NY now. Glad you guys had fun.

Hornet’s stings, scratched legs, headaches, ripped clothes and a wet tent are what I brought back home from the gathering. All that can get fix, or will heal. But what has been added to my memory will remain forever. I had an amazing week-end, thank you very much to the hosts, everything was more than perfect.

The hiking/bushwhacking was a lot of fun, Spencer, Brian, Bubba and I had an encounter with some crazy itchty weed :eek: . If someone find out the real name of the plant, please let me know.

A really good group of people was there, and Saturday night’s party was a success. Real party people.

giggy said:
I won't be able to make this - but I am sure somone will have a couple a beers for me ;)
timmus said:
That would be me :cool:

(Giggy: I definitely had more than a couple of beer for you)

Emily

Soooo many endearing Emily stories and hopefully later this week MichaelJ will share some of his wonderful Emily & Unfrozen Caveman pics!!

Pete, glad to hear you were able to fit in the car with the rest of the "cargo", I was thinking about you riding in the rain as we drove back!

Hey Spence, Maddy, Brian and Ruth, thanks for the party.

I had a great time meeting all of you and the beautiful mountains! Awesome camp fire, music and songs. I did capture a few songs in video, hopefully I will upload them to my website soon.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... oohhhh spam...

Last edited:
darren said:
I've always called it "7 day itch" although the itch does not last 7 days...more like 3.

Days? I find that nettles sting and itch for about 5 minutes and that's all. I must be lucky!

Pictures are coming tonight, fear not! I'll post in Bubba's trip report when they're up.

That's what they were. Stinging Nettles. The rash is still there a little but the itch only lasted about 5 minutes for the most part. But the amazing thing was it was even going through pants.

peak_bgr said:
That's what they were. Stinging Nettles. The rash is still there a little but the itch only lasted about 5 minutes for the most part. But the amazing thing was it was even going through pants.
Y'all better stay out of the Catskills! :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D We've got tons of them!

To Ken G - Recipe for green beans from Laurie

KenG said:
Since you can not receive emails or PMs:

This is from Laurie,

2 lbs small tender green beans (I always use french fillet beans)
1 tsp. Red Pepper
4 cloves garlic
4 large heads of dill weed
2 c water
1/4 c salt
1 pt vinegar.
Stem beans and pack uniformly in hot, sterilized jars. To each pint jar add red pepper, garlic and d1 head of dill. Heat together water, salt and vinegar. Bring to a boil, pour over beans. Seal at once Process in a boiling water bath for 5 min. Makes 4 pints.

Thanks from me, too, Tom. I had a request also, so I'll post it (seing how is was all gobbled down!!)

Mexican Corn Dip
Equal parts of:
> Sour Cream
> Canned Corn (the Mexican Mix if desired)
> Shredded Sharp Cheese
> Jalapeno peppers to taste (cut up)

Serve with Frito's Brand Scoops! Corn Chips
I also like this with Lime Tortilla chips!!