5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right! Sounds like we got the ball rolling.

Chomp-new blood, kinda. Happy to here you can make it. I hope it wasn't your wedding that you don't have to go to now; was it. :eek:

Bob, bringing Jane along, right? We can have a little birthday bash. What kind of cake and ice cream does she like?

peak_bgr said:
What kind of cake and ice cream does she like?

Easy there, Jay ...... easy! Save some for everyone else. :D

Carla and I are gonna try to make it this year. Thanks, Spence.

Good news seems to be a little early this year
I will be coming with the kids hopefully on Thursday

Thanks Spencer and Maddi for throwing this great event every year

Jay if you plan an easy hike for your finish that weekend the kids will join in they love ice cream :D

Al

Then again...

It seems that "Mrs. ALG" wants to celebrate this birthday in WNY :eek: , but I have her permission to attend stag. Put me down as "maybe", and I'll continue to work on getting Jane to attend the naked swi... I mean swimming and eating fest. :rolleyes:

i12climbup said:
Easy there, Jay ...... easy! Save some for everyone else. :D

Carla and I are gonna try to make it this year. Thanks, Spence.

Not my birthday and I'll behave myself to allow others to partake in the food of the gods. :)

Al, I will only finish if I can get people to hike in the ADKs with me someday!

Jay

I do believe I'll be there! Now that I'm getting more familiar with the ADK's I'm looking forward to tagging along on a couple of hikes and getting a few more peaks under my feet. :D

I've never been to one of these events ... sounds like fun. I'd like to come, but it's schedule dependent. I have a friend visiting from Australia in that time frame and I'll also have to see how I feel health wise. Hopefully things will work out and we'll be able to come!

Aussie's are welcome too. ;) Hope you can make it.

Michael we'll get you on a couple nice peaks this year, don't you worry. Ever been on Couchy? :eek:

cruel joke

"You know you're a peak bagger if...." You have a friend visiting from Australia, and you take him/her on a hike up (down?) Couchy because you "need" it for your third round...

peak_bgr said:
Michael we'll get you on a couple nice peaks this year, don't you worry. Ever been on Couchy? :eek:

Remember that you're not allowed to kill me with the hike; that would make it not count!

DougPaul said:
Does the peak count if you die on the way down?

Only if your body still makes it back to the car under its own power. Somehow.

Jay H said:
The last time I tried that, it didn't work. ;)

Jay

Maybe you need some help? :eek: :D

(just kidding ...)

Pete, .... yes, are you referring to the guy who passed on Saddleback? If I remember correctly, I think he had a heart attack. But I thought he was on his way up, and then the rescue team took his body a short distance to the summit. The 46rs then posthumously (sp?) gave him a number as it was his 46th peak. Correct me if I'm wrong ...... I probably am ......

Jeeze, talk about thread drift ..... how did a BBQ thread turn to death on a mountain?! :rolleyes: :eek: :D