5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skimom said:
Carmel.... you HAVE to go !!

Where's Timmus with the 9% beer ???

Timmus? Timmus???

Sorry, no Fin du Monde for you, I am not going.

But lemme tell you, Spencer will set up a nice table with gin, tequila, rhum, etc and shooters will fly all over the backyard all weekend long.

Beware :eek:

I know it is out of the way, but is anybody going to be hiking is the southern peaks? Say Allen or "redfield/cliff"? looking for company on those two "animals"!

peak_bgr said:
Michael we'll get you on a couple nice peaks this year, don't you worry. Ever been on Couchy? :eek:

I never actually answered ... I'm going to pass on Couchsachraga until a time when una_dogger can come along!

However, I'll still be up for some 46'er tagging – I just did Giant and RPR (watch for TR posting sometime tonight) and am raring for more. :)

MichaelJ said:
I never actually answered ... I'm going to pass on Couchsachraga until a time when una_dogger can come along!

He's saving himself for my Couchie-Santanoni-Panther deathmarch, where I don't plan on killing him, because I'm too little to get his body back to the trailhead all by myself. :p

Sorry to be missing this fun time! I will probably be up in the Daks the thursday of the kickoff hiking some peak, somewhere, with someone, or not........did someone mention Cliff and Redfield??

I hope to be finishing on RPR, maybe do the traverse from New Russia over to Giant... Maybe I'll bike to Spencers from my home, and go hike RPR and then bike home..

Jay

I will give my now standard excuse for not making it. "I will be in Hawaii."

One of these years I will not be in Hawaii (or a cast) and actually make it to the BBQ.

Have fun.

Aloha,

- darren

I won't make it this year either, because the following week I'll be starting my Tour du Mont Blanc trip. I've been wanting to do that trip for a long time now, so this is the year!

I'll check the calendar for next year though, I do miss the Adirondacks....

Have fun!

Getting closer and closer. Any final questions.

I'm putting out a couple orange cones next to the parking drive so eveyone can see it. Especially at night it's hard to see.

Unfortunately it looks like I am going to have other obligations (a wedding and out of town company) that stand in the way of the great BBQ weekend.

I'm depressed. I was really looking forward to being there.

(Spence, just this past week I had my first experience with a stinging nettle in my garden---OMG---I can't even imagine what you all went through when you bushwhacked through those last year!)

L.

I'm hoping to hang out a bit on thursday night before heading back to VT, when is everyone planning to arrive?

Anyone care to hike with me that thursday?? Very early start, considering Cliff and Redfield..... :D

I have off that friday, perhaps thinking of coming up thursday night and then doing Skylight/Gray/Marcy on friday then perhaps Giant/RPR on saturday to finish up my 46.. Nothing fancy planned.

Jay

Anyone interested in Dial and Nippletop on Friday? We will be going up Gravestone Brook to Dial, over to Nippletop bushwhack down to Hunter Pass and out to Elk Lake.

I'm hoping to be up Thursday night to hike on Friday and Saturday ... it depends on work that week after being gone for a week's vacation.

I have to admit I'm very tempted by Marcy, Gray, and Skylight, although the opportunity to be on a Spencer 'whack is also not to be missed. :)

crazymama said:
(Spence, just this past week I had my first experience with a stinging nettle in my garden---OMG---I can't even imagine what you all went through when you bushwhacked through those last year!)
L.
I CAN!! Add to that being stung be hornets (in fairness and full disclosure - Brian and I got stung - Julie got nailed by them).

And Spence is looking for hiking partners for Dial/Nippletop?? Hey where's the line start forming?? ;) ;)