6th annual Adirondack Gathering and BBQ August 7-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definatly interested in Macnaughton, also I have to do Allen so if anyone going that way you can drag me along. (If I am not oncall that weekend :( )
When the time comes let me know, thanks. What trailhead for Macnaughton, Upper works?

Adk_dib said:
Definatly interested in Macnaughton, also I have to do Allen so if anyone going that way you can drag me along. (If I am not oncall that weekend :( )
When the time comes let me know, thanks. What trailhead for Macnaughton, Upper works?
This hike does not have a leader.

Maybe Spencer can give us some tips on which way is shorter, harder, steeper, etc. ?

Would'nt miss this great gathering !

Thank's Spence & Maddy for organizing this fun BBQ-hiking-partying weekend. Will be there again this year with a bunch of my friends from Quebec.

McNaughton in the summer....hum...will I have to be the test dummy again on the shaky narrow bridge ?

Last edited:
Party time

I'd love to join the party and Mc Naughton is definitly on my list of to do. Looking forward to seing / meeting all of you.

Suzanne

Ugh

Well, I set the weekend aside but it looks like I can't make it (again :( ) I was really hoping to get up there this year. A good friend turned 50 in May and they are having a surprise party for her in Easton, NH on 8/9 (what's up with that? I expected it in May). Frig.

SherpaKroto said:
A good friend turned 50 in May and they are having a surprise party for her in Easton, NH on 8/9 (what's up with that? I expected it in May). Frig.
Well, I guess they really wanted to surprise her! :)

To bad your not coming, I wanted to meet a few more of the nuts in Arm's stories. :D

I may have to back out of the festivities, may be going out west with Tmax to climb Granite Peak in Montana and Gannett in Wyoming.. Something about being state high points or something like that... :p

Jay

Food is never an issue. Ice cream however would be awesome. I'll save room in my freezer.

I'm going to get the old grill a going and cook up some Mahi Mahi for BBQ part. We will have two grills here if someone else needs grill space.

I just had two small sized loads of wood my dad dropped off for the party. A couple more of those and we should be set.

We're over in Keene, so it's a short trip. If we can, we'll get there for part of the party, or maybe revisit McNaughton. It will be nice to meet a few more VFTT folks.

I always thought it would be fun to do McN as a loop, up one way and down another (Preston Ponds and Wallface Ponds, either direction would be fun).

TCD

The last loop I did of MacNaughton was up South MacNaughton Drainage and down to Wallface Ponds and back over Indian Pass. But a loop is always a great option for most any hike, IMHO.