8th annual ADK BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be bringing a long, hollow, silver musical instrument.

Anybody who either scratches or virtuostically dominates a guitar should bring it too.

ill be doing gothics,armstrong,uwj from the garden tomorrow. if my friend is feeling it we will hit lwj,hedgehod and rooster comb.
hopefully make it to the cg after hiking.

I am going to be driving over from Gorham (an out of town project got done early). If I remember correctly, folks got together for a run to a nearby restaurant Friday evening, I got there late last year and missed the crowd, any plans for this year? I sould be there earlier this year.

I will be up for a moderate (10 to 12) mile day hike on Saturday, I dont have many of the ADK's so I am up for whatever someone wants to do.

I will bring my mini propane weber and various apetizers (similiar to those at last years Gathering).

Maddi is bringing a grill.
Glad to here it. I have 75 pounds of tofu (marinated in fermented organic brown rice mash) that need to be roasted. It's been sitting in my garage for the past 7 weeks.

Once you scrape the flies off of it it's really tasty!

That was fun!

My second gathering. :cool:

Nice meeting and talking with you all.

Nothing much beats hanging out with the hiking crowd. :) I was a little chair bound (very sore & tired, got my ass kicked) and went to bed early but had a great time.

We beat the rain.

Who can I send a few bucks to so I can help support the cause?

Did anyone hear owels Saturday night? :confused::D

Thanks to the hosts for setting up a great event. As discussed by several folks at the event, it resembles the VFTT Gatherings of several years ago, a reasonably mixed group, relatively family friendly, and dedicated to hiking. About the only thing we need next time is a bigger tarp!

Too bad the official VFTT September Gatherings appear to have become a thing of the past :(.

I was in Keene for the week and poised and ready. Started feeling poorly after a Friday hike and no better on Saturday a.m. With regret, Barbara and I headed home but looking forward to next year.

Alan

The food was glorious ! I didn't eat last year so I was unaware of what was available.

Nice to see a bunch of you folks. Good Times !

I love that it rained since being all snuggled in my tent and hearing the rain is something I really like !

J.Dub;327048Little Bear's chicken/black bean/adobo/chipotle/spinach quesadillas were a-frickin'-mazing! ;)[/QUOTE said:
Yes they were! I'd like to sincerely flatter them with imitation.

Little Bear will you post the recipe or PM it?

While I had a good idea of what I was eating, I might not have had the clarity of mind needed at the time to remember how to recreate them. ;)

Sorry we missed it! Gail and I were planning on coming but got hung up in Maine..... hopefully we'll get there next year!