Another big New England Storm?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giggy said:
this is a weekend for this

have fun in the slush - :D :) :D :cool:

Brrrrrr! Looking outside just gives me the chills...

I beg to differ, Gig but wouldn't you rather have a nice HOT cup of this this weekend instead to celebrate the luck of the Irish? :D

Hunkered Down

me and the boyz pulled the plug on our Cabot adventure, focusing instead on Goose Eye or Baldpate but at 3:30am we bailed out on those as well. Good luck to those of you that went out.

The drive to Maine on Friday afternoon into evening was bad. It took me from around 3:30 until 10:45 to get from outside Boston up to Sunday River. Fortunately, I stayed ahead of the ice and only had to deal with snow on the roads, and once I turned north from 95 onto 26 in Gray it got a lot easier.

It was quite the dump - 1 to 2 feet of snow, topped with a thick layer of ice pellets. The skiing on Saturday started out like carving through beach sand, heavy but loose. As the day went on, it went from sleet to freezing fog and an icy crust formed on top of the snow. I heard horror stories all day from people arriving late.

Sunday was alternating blue ski with flurries and heavy snow showers. A few inches fell throughout the day, but the untouched snow still had a nasty crust on top. My weight didn't necessarily break through it in spots (bareboot) and it was slippery as heck.

The skiing on Sunday was fantastic, btw (Oz!). Huge kudos to the SR groomer crew, and to mother nature for this reprieve from the grass and bare ground that the week's warmth and rain brought. :D

Stop and go - wait for snow!

About 15 inches in Bethlehem, NH (hard to tell with drifts). I was able to head up early on Friday just after my latest boodwork. As I was packing, it went from no snow to flurries. 5 minutes later, 1/2 inch per hour, 5 minutes later again, a good inch an hour. Driving hard north, I got ahead of it in about 15 minutes. Stopped in Manchester to pick Gris' wife Cindy up so she wouldn't have a white-knuckled drive in the snow (so instead she got a white-knuckled drive with me :eek:) (their daughter was stranded in Philly and he was waiting to see if her flight would get out). 5 minutes after I got to the airport, it again started snowing hard again. 10 minutes further north it stopped. Same thing when we stopped for gas near Laconia: snow, then 10 minutes north it stopped. Maybe these doctor's appointments are worth it: they keep me ahead of the snow!