Another big New England Storm?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold rain in mid-PA

Since your storm is supposed to book through here, near Trenton NJ, it's 48 degrees, dry and damp. But two hours away, in Lancaster, PA, it's raining and 34 degrees. It'll be snow after dark.
It's supposed to cool off here and give us snow Friday, possibly turning to rain and a high of 36 degrees. Clearing Saturday here.
We also have a flood watch through Friday night so that's another possibility for you guys.

I have to change weather services, when Marty posted this I didn't even read it because we had warm rain in the forecast, we are now looking for 6 to 12" ! Perhaps there's some life left to this winter !

It doesn't matter to me how much snow we get, I'm driving out to the Whites and bagging something this weekend, even if it's in 4WD through 18" of snow. If it gets bad, I'll just bring bigger snowshoes.

I'm not missing the last weekend of the season.

Lawn Sale said:
It doesn't matter to me how much snow we get, I'm driving out to the Whites and bagging something this weekend, even if it's in 4WD through 18" of snow. If it gets bad, I'll just bring bigger snowshoes.

Ditto!
We (Hawk, Hans AndyW and I) are planning to go to Cabot/Bulge and Horn Saturday so if there are any folks that want to join the party we'll be hoping that the Hatchery is plowed out and available. Look for a Bright Blue FJ Cruiser high-centered on the Hatchery Rd. :rolleyes:

Lawn Sale said:

I am saying the same thing about Vermont . . . going no matter what.

sli74

Lawn Sale said:
It doesn't matter to me how much snow we get, I'm driving out to the Whites and bagging something this weekend, even if it's in 4WD through 18" of snow.

Which reminds me that sometimes the most dangerous part of winter hiking is the drive to the trailhead. Delay until Sunday, if you can. Take your time and be careful on the road.

HTML:
Tom, Atticus, and I hope to get up Isolation before the Equinox, so the more packers the better. We also need lower temperatures to freeze up what is already on the ground.

Dr. D.,
What an offer that I unfortunately have to refuse :( Sunday is out and Tuesday doesn't look any better. Would you please throw an e-mail my way with your definite plans if you are going Tuesday. Slim chance that I might be able to get away. That summit does not seem to want me on it in the winter.

Be safe everyone! I'll wave to anyone in Maine from the fresh pow at Sunday River. :D

(please, let it be pow and not slush!)

I had planned to be up on Franconia Ridge, too. I might still be there on Sunday depending on conditions. I hate it when winter ends, though I must say this has not been my favorite winter. Guess I'll just have to complete my Winter List next year.
FYI, It's not snowing yet up this way. Wouldn't it be funny if the whole storm was a bust!! :p

Looking out my office window here in Wilmington, MA it's snowing sideways like nobody's business!

I'm still planning on getting out this weekend but now it's looking like it's gonna be on Sunday. Let the snow fly and when it dies down, I'll be out there. Just gotta figure out where "there" is gonna be. At this point Jefferson is "off the table" I think...

If this storm is a bust, there will be crying at my apartment :) .

Chances are this storm will mix all the way into the White Mtns and in Maine, but still a healthy 1-2 feet is possible up there. This storm is tracking far enough inland that it could mix with rain before ending all the way to the Lakes region, but not before dropping a healthy foot of snow. Looks like western NH and esp VT will win once again with snow amounts. If no sleet gets involved, some areas will get over 2 feet. Snowshoes will be as necessary as ever!

Interesting watching the storm right now....the low is toward South Carolina, and its already snowing as far north as Boston, Worcester and Orange, MA. This is going to be some storm at its peak. Could be the last gasp of winter!!! YOu can also see the northern fringe of snow on radar slowly working north, and having a hard time for now, because cold, dry air is building from the north to south which is good for snow lovers. It will have cold air to work with!

Be safe when this arrives, its gonna be bad for awhile, no matter what precip type you get.

Hopefully what ever falls will stick well to the surface now as the streams of slush from the last two days have now frozen solid with lots of ice. The water crossings that were frozen solid last week were all open flowing water today. This is a good indicator of many northern trails.

After having a thoughtful discussion with a lawyer acquaintance downtown, I have decided to revise my earlier statement of “I’m not buying it” to a more prudent “It might happen.” I am, however, still somewhat unconvinced as to the true nature of the storm and reserve the right to amend any and all statements pertaining to this current weather pattern.

Snowing pretty hard in Boston, although the streets and sidewaks are mostly slush. The snow is VERY wet. Wind is pretty fierce, too and is blowing in all directions. It stings a bit when the snow is driven into your face!

Marty