Baby Steps... Holt Hill

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Good to hear your climbing the hills again..... county high points, you say! :) Have you been doing any drumming lately? Looking forward to playing again soon!

Sherpa
Are you also training for a flyfishing trip in the spring?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, big deal. Were you wearing the nylons? Enquiring minds want to know. That would account for scaring off the tourists. :D

SK that is FABULOUS news! You have every right to feel proud. I'm blown away by your recovery, but not surprised.

I went through a health scare a few years back, unsure whether I'd ever hike or even barely walk again, and I remember how grateful I felt when I walked a loop around the Arboretum. As others have said, small steps.

WAY TO GO!! This also means that you'll get to see some fall colors from a summit!

SherpaK,

I enjoyed meeting you at CMR for the Presi Traverse. I know you've been through a lot over the past several months. This climb up Holt Hill is a big milestone in your recovery. Congratulations.

Outstanding. Pretty much what TCD said-I don't really know you, but it's great to see this nonetheless. I just finished reading Joe Simpson's "This Game of Ghosts", and it's pretty amazing the damage that guys body has endured and what he continued to do. Like Mtnpa said, the mind can help the body get through. Keep on doin' what makes you happy on the road to wellville...

Matt

sapblatt said:
Let me know when you are hitting Holt again - would love to join you if possible!

Count me in too, SK and Mike!
--------
SK - fabulous news. Not a bad start, to hit the county high point!! If you haven't been there, I love Weirs Hill Reservation in North Andover Weirs Hill . The Stevens Trail and Scrub Oak trails have nice views. Nice walking around the lake as well.

Best regards my friend,
Marty

My question is why you named your dog so close to you wife's name?? Did you ever mix them up?? Hey, maybe you wanted to walk Bolt Hill with Ellie but said Allie instead and got stuck taking the dog for an outing!!
Sherpa K said:
the only 2 people I saw wouldn't even come near me (in fact they stopped 50 feet short ofthe stones
Like this has never happened before??? :eek:

Oh yeah... nice job!! Love them short hikes!!

All I can say is that I don't deserve any of this, but again, thanks from the heart.

More to add: Gris and Ms Gris came up north from Florida last week to visit. They convinced me to hike Middle Sugarloaf with them on Thursday. I know that Gris was secretly overjoyed that I had to chase his ugly butt up the trail for once. I was just happy to be there. It was at the very extreme of my current ability, but just 2 weeks ago it would have been impossible to even consider. Then on Saturday I was treated to a steady parade of friends while I manned Wildcat "D" on FOT48 day. Nothing like hugging sweaty hikers to know that you are alive! Even the rain felt great!

Yeah Sherpa!

Don't stop now, you're getting stronger and stronger!

You know, BSP tote road is pretty flat when you are skiing, pulling a sled with steaks and the Doctor. All to come ....

-Liza
(in the UK for the week)