Boston Potluck Nov 5 at Pat and Audrey's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teejay said:
Meet in the parking area 1:30-2:00, stroll around the pond with a side trip on the Emerson's Cliff Trail. Are there any views from here? Sounds like there should be. It looks like about 2.5 miles total with the climb to the cliff about 200' vertical.

I was up on Emerson Cliff today for the first time. You do get a bit of a view from up there, but it's not too impressive. The trail map doesn't show it, but I found there was an easily followed herd path heading down the other side. I was hoping for some nice shear cliffs, but it was more like a hill with some rocky areas on top.

I really enjoyed the Pond Path that circles the pond close to shore. The foliage views across the water were breath-taking.

rocksnrolls said:
You do get a bit of a view from up there, but it's not too impressive. The trail map doesn't show it, but I found there was an easily followed herd path heading down the other side.

Thanks, rocksnrolls for the first-hand account. I also found this out in I-net land.

http://eserver.org/thoreau/cliff.html

When you say there is an easily followed herd path down the other side, I assume you mean heading roughly NW toward Little Cove, right?

Hope to see you there, Julie. The Muddy Buddies have been dying to meet you.

teejay

teejay said:
Thanks, rocksnrolls for the first-hand account. I also found this out in I-net land.

http://eserver.org/thoreau/cliff.html

When you say there is an easily followed herd path down the other side, I assume you mean heading roughly NW toward Little Cove, right?

There might be one going that way too, but the path I followed ended up at the Heywood's Meadow Path (Heywood's Meadow is more like a pond right now - as was Wyman Meadow on the other side of Walden) and seemed to be close to due west.

I'll be there in spirit..... I'll be eating Vindaloo Polymorphs washed down with a couple of "Boddys" followed by Bonfire Toffee for desert :eek: (it's Guy Fawkes night don't forget)

-Phil

Leaving now for slamdog's camp in the Adirondacks then east tomorrow. Walden Pond parking area at 1:30, start hiking around 2:00. Just a low stress stroll through the woods.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. The Muddy Buddies are in tow and I'm bringing a big pot o' DIRT CAKE.

teejay

I might be able to swing by.. but I have a hockey game in Marlboro, so I'd be
a. late
b. stinky

I'll be arriving late, I'm hiking in Franconia Notch. But I'll be on the road as early as I can to arrive, hopefully not stinky but likely late.

-dave-

Thank you, Audrey & Pat, for opening your home to all of us, and to everyone there for a simply wonderful evening!
:)

An excellent gathering!! Thanks, Audrey & Pat. I hope Genie got to chow down on the leftovers!

Patti and I will be there... ooops

I mean, yeah we had a great time. Thanks everyone from the both of us, it was a fun way to celebrate 32 years. Hope the next 32 is even more enjoyable! :D

Thank you!

Pat and Audrey -

Thanks for having the three of us! sorry to be the first to leave - Aaron went from shy to out of control rather quickly! Thanks again - it was great to meet some new people and visit again!

Mike, Gail and Aaron

thank you! :)

Thank you, Pat and Audrey, for the most wonderful evening in your beautiful home. I enjoyed it all--delicious food, meeting new people, catching up with friends, and of course, the opportunity to dabble a bit on the piano--thanks so much!
-katie