bubba takes on Marshall as 46th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emmons & the Marshalls

Yes, I did finish on Emmons on June 10, 2004. Herb Clark (46er #1) and the Marshalls finished on that same date way back when.

So it's about time, Bub! CONGRATULATIONS! (You DID finish, didn't you?) Waiting for the TR. -Bob

KenG said:
Throw a family radio in your pack & put it on channel 5 - 0, it will be worth your while! What I mean is, you'll wish you had if you summit prior to noon. I'll look for your flags!
Ken,

The guy known to some as Bubba told me that he did just that. He tuned the radio to 5. He heard "Bubba..." and then static.

I'll wait for the "Official" TR but can add a little. Bubba's plan was to meet at the trailhead at 7:30. Got there about 7:20 and waited till 8:00 when I thought, maybe they are coming in from the loj instead....and I started off solo. Took a lot of time and stopped at Calamity Pond for a food break. No sooner did I pull some food out and I heard a "Slamdog, is that you"? And in comes Bubba with wife and Jimmy in tow. I learned quickly that Dick, Bubbas real name may not really be his name, based on what his wife was calling him. In fact, she had a number of names for him during the day! We casually headed up towards the summit,and were greated by descendees asking each of us "You Bubba"? We summited at about 1:00 and this barefoot guy comes walking through the brush.....Rik had come accross from Algonquin, Iroquios and Shepards Tooth. We had the ceremonial wine and Dr. toast, some lunch and headed down. There is more to the trip, but I'll let Bubba bribng it home.

As for the radios, we tried a number of times at different areas on channel 5 and got some verbage back, but couldn't make out who or what was being said. Teejay called Bubba on his cell just prior to summiting from 9.0. Awesome day, first climb for me since Cooch (the succesful trip) in February as the feet have been struggling. Feet seem 75% now, and next week is vacation, so back to the peaks I go. Congrats to Bubba, Jimmy and Mary Jo on a great huike. Lance

:D
Sorry 'bout that, but I was kidnapped by a bunch of drunken hyenas and wasn't able to make my trip. They stole my radio and tried to contact Bubba. I tried to stop them but to no avail! Congrats to Bubba though!