Couple trips out west

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa...I didn't finish looking at all the pictures, but I have to know, did you get to stick around and watch the snake finish it's snack??? I once watched (and took pictures) of a garter snake eating a toad and that was pretty astounding. And the marmot skull picture was also cool. Those teeth and the way they curl around like that. It doesn't seem logical. Anyway, I enjoyed the pictures of CO.Thanks for sharing. The valley shots are really beautiful.

We didn't watch the snake finish its lunch. It seemed very bothered by us so we snapped some quick photos and moved on. More than half of our group walked right by it before evening seeing it, well comouflaged for sure.

Awesome pictures! I loved the "panoramic" ones. I have never seen them done like that before. :)

The thing I liked the best about the "road trip" part of your adventure is the contrast of terrain you travelled thru (thick forests of Mich, plains, mountains, canyons, and desert). Now that's a road trip!

Man, what's with all the dead Marmots? Poor little guys.

I like the panoramics... it's quick but it works!

sleeping bear said:
We didn't watch the snake finish its lunch. It seemed very bothered by us so we snapped some quick photos and moved on. More than half of our group walked right by it before evening seeing it, well comouflaged for sure.
that's a pretty durn big mouse fer that snake! Wicked cool. Maybe you should have chopped the mousie into a bunch of smaller, more bite-size pieces for the snake. Always want to be a friend to wildlife, right? Then again, I'm not sure how friendly that mouse would have found you or your knife but let's not think about that.

Great trip, so it seems!

-Dr. Wu