Fall Gathering 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where should the gathering be held

• Somewhere in the whites - Suggestions?

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Eustis Maine

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Somewhere in Vermont - Suggestions?

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont care as I dont plan to attend

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I dont care, I will complain wherever it is

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
Time for a thread bump. I would like to leave this open until next Friday August 21st and then lock in a location and confirm the date.

Thanks to those who have responded so far. Looks like Eustis is the strong leader.

The third weekend of September has been the date of the fall Gatherings almost every year, if not every year, since their inception 13 years ago. Mark your calendars for 2010, too and let's end this perennial discussion only to end up with that date anyway.

Besides, I'm committed for Columbus Day weekend. :eek:

Stan speaks wisely. There will always be some folks who can't make one date or another, but if we figure on a particular weekend for every year, then it's more likely we can make it happen for ourselves.

Of course, a year is a L - O - N - G time ahead to plan for something! But isn't that why we have computer calendars? :cool:

One last Thread Bump

Looks like Eustis is still in the lead and there hasnt been any other hard and fast recomendations from elsewhere. As for the dates for the event, every weekend looks bad for someone but the 19th and 20th looks better than other dates.

Let see if there is a last minute resurgence in interest and try to lock in the location Friday evening (aug21st) to give folks one month to plan.

I will be the dissident and say that we should plan a secondary "gathering" over columbus day weekend for those of us who can't make sept 19.

shocking, I know. We can name it something else if that makes people feel better.

Has a date been locked in?

I'm organizing a clean-up in a park in Quebec on Sept 19 weekend (date still flexible) and the sooner I know the gathering date the better. (Several members here involved).

Who'd a thunk the ramifications of a VFTT gathering would have such reach? :D

Questions:

1) Is there a particular campground in Eustice?

2) Is anyone interested in a Sugarloaf-Spaulding-Abraham Traverse?

I believe the campground is called Cathedral Pines.... can't miss it! It's on the main drag and has great views of the Bigelow range across Flagstaff lake.

I'd personally like to do the Bigelow's

The pol is now closed, thanks to those 50 folks who participated. See the new thread