Fall Gathering 2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where should the gathering be held

• Somewhere in the whites - Suggestions?

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Eustis Maine

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Somewhere in Vermont - Suggestions?

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont care as I dont plan to attend

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I dont care, I will complain wherever it is

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fall Gathering 2009 - Additional Info as of 8/11

The informal feedback this weekend from the folks attending the Adirondack BBQ as far as location for the Fall gathering was mixed but definitely more biased towards a Vermont or a Whites gathering. The reason was basically the PITA factor and time to drive up to Eustis. Beyond variations on different locations in the whites, I didnt hear any new venues. Nevertheless I guess its time for a Poll. Thanks to those who previously responded in the prior thread, but unless there is a easy way to add in those results could you please take time to make it official and vote?

I emailed the campground, the cost for two nights for one tent is $42.80 (21.40 per night). BOth group sites are currently not booked.

Last edited:
Caveman's place

Looks like the poll didn't make it into the post?

Let's just all descend on UFC's place some weekend. And let's not tell him beforehand :D

Seriously, I know some of the MA/NH/ME folks didn't make it to Maddi and Spence's gathering because it was a long haul. I presume that the same would hold true for some of our NY friends. I'm thinking that VT might be a reasonable compromise?

Steve

The weekend of the 26th is the VT50 and I know a lot of folks will be attending....any chance of the weekend before - Sept. 19th??

I agree with Gillian....Sept. 19th...........another option is October 9-11 since some people have the 12th as a holiday.......

Like Mats said--and I voted for Eustis. :D

I seem to remember we didn't have very good luck with VT.

Ah, this time the poll appeared for me. Wonder what happened earlier? Anyway, my vote remains with Eustis because the whole idea is that the Gathering is someplace different each time. Some years it's inconvenient for some people to get to, but it comes around again in later years.

Oh, and VFTT is persona non grata in the greater Stowe, VT area, yes.

I know during one of the discussions I said Vermont was too far but I had such a good time this past weekend I would change my mind depending on the location and date.

Don't discount New Yorkers yet, we could car pool.

Of course now that you know I'm thinking about attending you can move it farther :eek:from New York. :rolleyes: :p:D

Last edited:
Ok, I caved in to the masses and voted for Eustis. I really like that area anyway...I'm just a little scared of the waitresses.

Weekend of Sept 19th - 20th would be good for me. After all, Sept 20th is a meaningless day for me.

Aloha

- darren

I think I can make it to this one.

Any Montrealers want to car pool?

Who wants to bag some peaks?

Well, I don't know why the date is traditionally Sept 19/20, but I do know I won't be making yet another gathering if the date ends up being on Sept 19th! Working that weekend.....:(

After all, Sept 20th is a meaningless day for me.
Sept 20th is very important for those of us who practice paganism. (very close to) 12 hours of day. 12 hours of night. The equal halving of the 24 hour planetary solar cycle is rife with pagan rituals including but not restricted to savage couplings. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Sept 20th is very important for those of us who practice paganism.

If it's good enough for Druids,
Running naked through the woo(i)ds,
Drinking strange fermented fluids,
Well then it's good enough for me!

Perhaps a little mead or metheglin will find its way to this gathering...

...including but not restricted to savage couplings.

Vague recollections of such things lurk within the dark recesses of my memory. Unfortunately, the only savage couplings that I recall recently, involve the buckling of my hip belt on the morning after the pot luck/beer swap. :(

Steve