Favorite celebratory beverages

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Celebratory Beverage

• Beer

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • Champagne

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Whiskey or other hard alcohol

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • other

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
cantdog: bring one very inexpensive bottle for the aerial display, and the good stuff to drink! Piper Sonoma is a decent California Sparkling wine at a reasonable price (~$16). For slightly more, my favorite domestic is Roederer Estate (on sale this month in NH @$18.49)

Good luck - wish I could make it!

Aaaahh... champagne get's my vote - Especially with the cheap plastic champagne flukes. One must celebrate in style!!!

Now We are all probably grown-ups, but we should use caution - and common sense when drinking on top of a mountain - Like if it's really cold, then you should have a backup thermos of Jack N' Jello at the ready. :D

Last edited:
by the way, I've found some lexan wine glasses that beat the pants off the unscrew and stow ones you find at EMS et al.

Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a set of 4 of them for 10 (opposed to the ~ $8 for 2 for the others).

The lexan is a lot thicker and sturdier, although they don't "collapse" like the fancy ones do. They are light, durable, and hold more of the good stuff!

spencer

Gatorade if it's warm out, hot chocolate if it's cold.:D

i think one of each is good. actually a shot of some hard stuff..like grand marnier is nice..or be like the french...on the summit they have wine and cheese. a shot of single malt scotch would be good..those scots are great climbers...but id say this..no one know what you like....as much as YOU do.

hikerfast said:
i think one of each is good. actually a shot of some hard stuff..like grand marnier is nice..or be like the french...on the summit they have wine and cheese. a shot of single malt scotch would be good..those scots are great climbers...but id say this..no one know what you like....as much as YOU do.

Well, we've done all 3:

Bubbly

Brews

Hard stuff

Hard to choose sometimes! :D

Heck, just bring them all! :D

red wine hands down! it's all i ever drink 'cept for water and beer. zinfandel mostly, but cabernet is good too. basically any red wine as long as it's dry. mostly cali wines but i had some good new york stuff recently. hell i even carry wine for trailside sippin' on occasion.

i agree with ospreyboya!!!!!! i'll have what he's havin' mostly!:D :D

Ive had Stoli in my "first aid" kit for years.
Disinfectant, bug dope, antifreeze and for those awkward pauses on the trail when trying to decide who has the right of way.
As for celebratory choices, I figure I just sweat like a grunt I should drink like a grunt ; beer (something fancy like Pabst)

Hey Mr X. ??Wild Turkey?? Im telling DUFFMAN that youre a sellout

:eek:

Beerman!!!

One can of "Boddys" and another can of Guinness.....

I'd make that 4 of each if I could get a Harry K special delivery and a couple of very strong VFTT's to stretcher me back down again :D

hikerfast said:
..or be like the french...on the summit they have wine and cheese. .

Heck, why wait for the summit? On a several day hike a few weeks ago.... lets see... one afternoon stop on a sunny rock, we had Grand Marnier, anti-pasta, and hot pickled egplant. Another stop was procuitto and olives... I carried enough beer, that at any time we could stop for a break, and pull out a beer. OK, so I don't mind hauling 60 pounds through the Mahoosuc Notch... maybe not the case for all.. If you can haul over a gallon of beer and lots of good fresh food, and not slow down your partner, then why not enjoy life.

cantdog said:
Heck, why wait for the summit?

Why wait to complete that special list??

That's right. Make the journey as much fun as well. Then the final summit is just the culmination of a delicious trip.

Ask the thru-hiker who woke up to pumpkin-pork curry and Thai galangal coconut soup, and a growler of Ubu.

Last edited:
A little 'buka for me if in the winter.

I have a very old bottle of bubbly my grandfather past down to us kids if the Red Sox should ever win the World Series.

WAIT A SECOND..... ;) :cool: