Favorite Post Hike Beer!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite post-hike beer?

• Guinness

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Long Trail

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Saranac

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Sierra Nevada

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Tuckerman's

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Don't drink, what's it to ya'?

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
long trail favorites

forty8 said:
Long Trail Double Bag to be even more specific!
--Long Trail Wheatberry in summer and Long Trail Hibernation for winter :)

Widmers with lemon. I fell in love with widmers after climbing Mt.Hood last August :D .

I went with Saranac...always manage to find a bottle or six down in the Dax.
If I could find it I'd take a pint of Theakstons Best Bitter (the "Old Peculier's" a little heavy after a long day on the trail) or Marstons Pedigree. After that I'd go for Guinness or Boddingtons.

Other. I stopped drinking beer before many of you were born.

Martinis and prime rib at Red Parka. :p

Steve

My post beer/ale is whatever is in my Jeep or whatever anyone hands me. Gatorade at the trailhead is fine I guess for some, but that one, cold beer at my Jeep while I'm changing or waiting for others is quite the expereince.

BTW, any time you have to put a piece of "fruit" in a beer, it automatically is disqualified IMO as "best beer" for anything. :D ;)

Negative reputation points be damned! ;)

Peace.

Red Stripe. Hooray Post- Hike- Beer.

Anything from Woodstock Station will do just fine too. I love that place.( I actually wish I could bottle the way I feel when I take that first tight step out of the car through the parking lot. Striding confidently like a Reservoir Dog; smug with my weekends mild achievements)

So here we are, after another round of brouhaha about off-topic postings, angst about green squares and ratings points, admonitions about keeping this a site devoted to information about hiking, climbing, and mountains, and we have an immensely popular thread about beer drinking...72 replies and counting! Is it that views and brews (a la Rankin and Hamilton) are inextricably linked, at least in this community? Would it be okay if I started a thread asking VFTTrs about their favorite water?

Sauza Commertivo on the rocks with a lime please...but if we're talking strictly beer it's gotta be a Brooklyn lager...