free pancakes at lonesome lake hut

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arm

Reaction score
a random group of hiking friends had high hopes of getting in a hardcore day hike through multiple Presidential Ravines, the last saturday in august ... grim weather led us to modify plans

last minute, we decided to hike Kinsmans sunday, with a better forecast ... the only two NH48 peaks that a Guy in our group hadn't hiked, often deciding to climb snow-covered gullies or get a tougher alpine trek in, instead of checking random peaks off a hiking list

a bunch of us met in Lafayette Campground lot that morning and hiked up to lonesome lake hut, where the hut crew was handing out free pancakes ... leftover breakfast from folks who'd stayed there the night before ... the crew had a good mix of cool bluegrass tunes playing, and drew blank stares when Giggy requested Cannibal Corpse

we made our way up over to South Kinsman, where we broke out frosty beverages to celebrate Giggy reaching his 48th peak ... it was as if a giant weight had been lifted from his chest, knowing he would finally be recognized as a serious mountaineer by esteemed members of the online hiking community

perfect weather conditions and a surplus of summit sodas led us to spend more time on the summit than we did hiking the trails

congrats to Giggy ... apparently those trips out west proved to be good training for a Kinsman day hike !

saw a cool double rainbow on the drive home

Damn...Congrats to Giggy!! :eek:

I hope our trip to Chamonix and Mont Blanc glacier travel helped prepare you for this long trek onto your last NH48 summit!!!! :p

Sorry I had to miss this event, but had already made other plans.....:mad:

Glad you got a group together!!

Awesome Giggy!

And free pancakes....damn.......

Shake and Bake!
shake-and-bake-main_Full.jpg

Giggy reaching his 48th peak ... it was as if a giant weight had been lifted from his chest, knowing he would finally be recognized as a serious mountaineer by esteemed members of the online hiking community

No, but I'll congratulate him nonetheless!
:)

Amazing, didn't think this was physically possible. Way to go Giggy, I'm sure the hut folks had some Iron Maiden in their music stable.

:)
Jay

Thx Arm for making the the day fun:D
Too bad you didn't have those stink bombs; Liquid Ass. About the only fun part of the day is when I went to town on your backpack when you weren't looking.

You beat me to the NH48. Well, I have news for you Gigster, I'm gonna beat you to the NH1000. And the NH48 x 48.

-Dr. Wu