Good morning winter! Snowfall amounts?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
Pretty much everyone in central/northern New England will awake with snow Friday morning! I know in Lebanon we've recieved a good 1-2 inches in the low elevations so I can imagine what is goin on higher up because the first several hours this was an elevation dependant snow. Lets hear some snowfall amounts from the northern towns! I don't know if I'm hiking this weekend, but I'm assuming it is going to be busy on the trails because the amount snow we are getting tonight has greatly exceeded expectations.

grouseking

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Not one flake of snow here.
Very sad!!!

6" at 1200' in Franconia, more at higher elevations, and still snowing. 9 F. Don't look at the warm temps forecast for Sunday and following, however. But higher elevations will probably be OK. Great boost for opening day at Cannon, which reports 11-12" new snow in the last 24 hours, 13-14" in the last 48 hours, a base temp of 8F and summit temp of 2F.

11.20 am--about 8" at 1200' with light snow continuing. 13F.

Last edited:
A good solid dusting, with more falling lightly from the sky, here in the Brunswick/Topsham, Maine area. Yeah! Snow :D Time to get up into the wax room and wax some xc skis :)

3 inches of snow @1,000 ft in Richmond, Vt. I got out the rock skis last night and did a few loops around the meadow. Will be heading for the mountains on Sat, I just love winter (when there's snow)

Brian

Only about an inch of the white, fluffy stuff here in Chocorua, but it's still snowing a bit, and cold and windy too. The higher terrain surely has more accumulation though. It's nice to see some white stuff again :) .

Danielle said:
A good solid dusting, with more falling lightly from the sky, here in the Brunswick/Topsham, Maine area.

Much the same in Bethel, ME and blowing pretty good. Looks nice even if it's not enough to really play in!
-vegematic

We had only a couple of flakes in downtown Boston. Still, I saw someone who saw a flake and donned an umbrella. I chuckled a bit. When the wind ripped apart the umbrella, I laughed out loud!

14 inches at Bretton woods, and its gonna snow in the whites untill tomorrow afternoon. Too bad the future looks bad..this would be a great way to go into winter. -Mattl

b-town

Here in Bethlehem NH has to be at least 8". I put my car in the ditch! It was so much fun that I decided to do it again 2 miles later! My wife who is a southern belle thinks she is hell! I love rte 142.