Gunstock, 4/14: Shirts and Skins (hopefully!)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
Gunstock XC Ski, 4/14: Shirts and Skins (hopefully!)

Planning to XC ski up Gunstock, NH on climbing skins this Saturday, 4/14. I'll be in the parking lot at 9:30, ready to leave by 10:00. So far, weather forecast is partly cloudy in the upper 40's. After skiing, I will be heading to the FTFC dinner to see some friends pick up their hardware :cool:

My rough plan is this:
up Smith>Derringer>Flats>Flintlock,
down Gunsmoke>Gunpowder>TinderBox>Pistol

You can see that route on their website. There was a ton of snow up there last week. TRAILMAP

If time and energy allow, I hope to do a few runs down Flintlock or Upper Gunsmoke.

Disclaimer: Though I'm hoping to get to the top, I'm only going as far as I comfortably can. If it's the summit, great, if not, I'll still have a d*mn fun time skiing back down! In any event, I'll be slooooooow :eek:

Anyone else looking for one or 2 more runs this season?

Last edited:
Would LOVE to join you. Alas, I will be in Ohio visiting my parents.

Have a great time.

SherpaKroto said:
What, no one wants to catch the last few turns with Pamola and me? :eek:
Oh, some of us want to catch a few more turns...

My excuse is that I wouldn't want to show you up by skinning up and skiing down on one leg and one hand. :)

Doug

Last edited:
Should be a great day. They got a bunch of new snow. I wish I could join you, but I promised a big weekend to five beautiful ladies :D

U-Betcha

Hey Paul, Looks like I may join you. Gotta see if my skins are still sticky and my old Merrill Double-doubles are still inhabitable. Should see you in the parking lot. Old Red SAAB (GotGorp) NH plates.

Tom

BoB's in...
this time I really mean it !

Sherpa,

Pat and I will join you, if you don't mind letting Genie come along. She's very good about not getting in the way. We haven't got skins, but that's never stopped us.

This is great, we were going to go to Waterville tomorrow to play on the slopes.

My GF is coming too

She will be in the bright yellow Lotus Elise.....tall Bacall looking sweetie with long brown hair.....in my dreams. just another wee dram of the malt should bring her to life :rolleyes: See you guys there......