Hudson River camping report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Jay H and I camped out on the Hudson, Indian Chris met us in the morning and off we went. We saw a little of everything, deer, jumping fish, bald eagle, Army helicopters, Orange county police pulled us over for a quick safety check. Ate like kings when we visited Bannermans Castle!....here are some pics...thx Jay!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldfeetspics/sets/72157624152193713/

Pretty much the shell, but Jay mentioned that they offer guided tours on weekends, I guess you would have to google it or speak to Jay, he's da man! It was cool!

http://bannermancastle.org/tours-2/

The above is the non-profit(?) that is in charge of the tours for Bannermans. The island is part of the Hudson Highlands state park but is all-intensive purposes "private" due to the delicate nature of the ruins (it's falling apart!). But the above run tours in the summer from cold springs that allows you to take a short tour on the island.

I'd love to do that too someday so if you actually have that in mind, let me (us) know...

Jay

Chris, it wants you to register.. do you have a public album where one doesn't have to register?

Jay

yea, you shouldn't take if for "granite" that we are registered and make it a "gneiss" place for us to visit...hehehehehehe:D

OK, for those who refuse to register for a photo sharing site just to view photos, you can use the following (which I googled to find);

username : phyllis888 at yahoo.com
password: marriedtojohn

replace the " at " with the @ of course...

Jay

The Orange County Sherrif's boat specifically asked for PFDs and Whistles.
All three of us were wearing PFDs and David went as far as blowing his whistle...

They then sped off and were checking the power boats and sailboats in the vincinity after us..

Jay