Moosilauke 9/25 - #48

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelJ

Reaction score
Assuming all goes well this weekend on the Wildcats and Carter-Moriah Range, on Saturday 9/25/04 I'll be climbing Moosilauke for my final NH 4000-footer.

Any and all are welcome to join me on the trip up or at the summit. The preliminary thought is to meet at the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge at 8:30am and head up the Gorge Brook Trail. If the weather's nice we'll head across the ridge and the south summit to take the easy-on-the-knees descent of the Carriage Road and Snapper Trail.

Afterward, there will be much food and beer consumed at the Woodstock Inn. :eek:

For the stats-minded, my first 4K was Wildcat A on July 2, 2000. However, I've repeated a lot of peaks this year and taking only the most recent, my "effective" start date is July 23, 2002. I will have done 31 peaks in the 30 weeks since Jan 1, 2004.

As SherpaK would say ... "Woo-hoo!!!"
:D

Count me in, MichaelJ! I did Moosilauke in winter, and I've wanted to see it in summer for a while now -- it'll be even nicer to share it with someone finishing the 4Ks, and then celebrating at the Woodstock Inn! :D

How could I pass up another summit meeting opportunity - planned or otherwise ? :)

As per the upcoming Monadnock hike, I'll extend a slow hikers invite to anyone who would like to join me for an earlier start and a more sedate pace.

Congrats in advance Michael. I felt quite a sense of achievment hitting the half-way mark in a little under 12 months last week. #48 has got to feel real good.

Good luck and good weather wishes for the Wildcats and Carters this weekend.

Bob

This is looking even more unlikely for me now. But, how long do you think the party will last? I could be there by 10 p.m. :)

Best of luck with the Wildcats & Carters! I assume you're doing this "the hard way" if you're hiking with Ivy? :D

Ayuh. All I need is Wildcat D, Middle and south Carter, and yet I'm hiking from Pinkham all the way to Rte 2 over 3 days...

I can use the exercise.

Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Would love to join you!

Haven't been up there for awhile, and I would love to help you celebrate! So many nice trails to the top. My winter trip up there was really great! Like the South Peak, too. Will probably come up with Audrey.

"Can you hear me now?"

FYI, just in case things don't go quite exactly as planned -- Most of the SAR leadership in NH and VT, plus many of us underlings, will be at Cannon that day for a training exercise. If you need help, call 911 on your favorite flavor of cellphone. Or if you have decided to "Simplify, simplify, simplify," then just shout real loudly toward the north. :D

I'll be camping at Wildwood that weekend, so I will stop for dinner on the way back from Cannon. Looking forward to congratulating you (and seeing your posse.) Don't screw it up. ;)

Woo-hoo indeed! Congradulations MichaelJ!!! :)
I would like very much to join this hike!
Can't think of better reasons, other than never
having been there and celebrating your 48th peak!!
How cool is that?!!:) :)

dirt_girl

Hey Sherpa - I'm already a passenger for this trip anyway, so no worries there.
:)

Can't wait to see you all! Ivy and I successfully trekked the Wildcats and the Carter-Moriah Range over the long weekend, and my count is now 46.

It's more addictive than crack, really.

WTG Michael & Ivy! Can't wait to hear your spin on the Wildcats and see your pics.

Looking forward to doing the Moose and definitely in for food and beer... I'd better book a room :)

Bob

Hey, I've still got trailwork to do up there. Is everyone willing to carry a rockbar, chainsaw, or shovel? :D

-dave-

I will plan to do our fall cleaning of water bars on the Glen Cliff Trail on the 25th and perhaps see you on the summit, but if not, will buy you a Pemi Pale Ale at the Station afterwards. Moosilauke was my #46 the night of November 8th/9th, 1968 (there were only 46 in NH back then and there was a shelter where we bivied just below the summit of Moosilauke).

alpinista said:
Only if you reciprocate on my trail, AirLine. ... Uh, yup, that's what I figured! :D
I'm headed there this weekend, what would you like me to do? Seriously.

-dave-

Wow, that's way too generous, Dave. But if you truly are serious and have a hankerin' to bring up some loppers, I noticed the branches needed a little clipping just below Upper Bruin.

But really, I'd hate to have you cart up extra gear, and I'll be getting out there next month to do some work before winter sets in.